The UK operation of this global, manufacturing organisation now requires an experienced Electro-mechanical Engineer to work within one of their specialist business units with responsibility for the design, development, testing and support of a range of electromechanical products.
The UK business owns some of today’s most successful brands which it distributes through a variety of specialist market channels.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, as the Electro-mechanical Engineer the role responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- carrying out circuit design (schematic) and PCB layout on both analogue and digital electronics
- designing electromechanical solutions to product specification
- producing conceptual designs and the ability to validate with peer review
- successfully project managing the design phase of projects
- delivering workable solutions that meet the specification
- fault finding to a component level
Ideally of graduate standard, preferably from within an engineering/ electromechanical or manufacturing based discipline, candidates will also be able to demonstrate that they have:
- at least 5 years’ work experience in a same or similar role
- previous experience of both mechanical and electrical/ electronic engineering
- knowledge of microcontroller (PIC) Raspberry Pi and PLC hardware and programming
- a good understanding of design for manufacture and of modern, world class manufacturing operations
- excellent IT skills with a good understanding of general PC packages, in particular Excel
In addition, candidates should also have:
- excellent attention to detail and problem solving abilities
- excellent project management skills
- the ability to clearly prioritise workloads and tasks, working to tight lead times
- a full UK driving licence
You should be an organised, pro-active individual who demonstrates a positive, professional, "can-do" attitude and is used to multi-tasking. Able to work as part of a team or under your own initiative, you should be an excellent communicator who can be flexible and thrives in a challenging environment.
Candidates should note that from time to time there may be some travel with this role, in order to provide excellent product support.
- Project Management
- Product Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job