nmcn work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
Through our unique offering, providing services from feasibility and design, to construction and handover, our Water business provides ‘Full Asset Lifecycle Thinking’ across our projects, in both the clean and wastewater environments. Always ensuring we are supporting our customers with innovative outcome-based solutions and an exceptional experience. We currently deliver infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for 10 of the largest national water sector companies.
Reporting to the site supervisor/site manager and coordinated by the Project Engineers, you will be responsible for the Electrical installation/maintenance on Water Treatment, Wastewater Treatment, Pumping Stations and Chemical Dosing Systems.
It should be noted that this role may require the successful applicant to participate in an ‘on-call’ rota to provide emergency breakdown attendance.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Responsible for the Health & Safety of themselves & others.
- Carrying out the installation of electrical / ICA containment and cabling to the required standard and within the required time frame.
- Red-lining on site Issued for Construction drawings, marking them ‘As-Built’
- Innovate, providing suggestions and ideas to the Contract Engineer or Site Supervisor for improved project delivery
- Emergency call out fault finding
- Complete site documentation
- Check goods delivered to site are supplied as per order
- Identifying changes to the works information and reporting to the Contracts Engineer / Supervisor
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- Industrial electrical installation background
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
- Testing & Inspection C&G 2394 an advantage but not a necessity
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical drawings and schematics
- 18th Edition wiring regulations to BS7671 standards
- Experience on installation of SWA, Tray, Trunking, Plastic Conduit etc
- Knowledge of instrumentation used in the water industry
- An industry applicable ONC/NVQ equivalent
- ATEX experience desirable
- ECS, SSSTS, Confined Space Training, EUSR (Clean Water Hygiene). Any training shortfalls will be provided
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- Life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- Enhanced pension contribution
Please note – we may have to close applications to this role sooner than anticipated based on the number of applications received.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'