- To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance, Reactive Repairs and site cover to buildings within APHA Weybridge Campus. Also undertake small installation works.
- This role is working within 0800 - 1700, Mon – Fri 40 hours per week.. The successful candidate will be required to complete a security check for the role (subject to change to meet operational needs)
- Able to react in an ever changing business environment.
- Liaising with key stakeholders both within Interserve and the client team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivery of planned, routine & reactive maintenance to all building plant, equipment and systems, to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements.
- Performance and support to minor works activities
- Assist other trades in completion of multi-disciplinary works
- Operate Job Requisition system for emergency work during normal and out of hours
- Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed.
- Ensure the issue and appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems iaw Safe Systems of Work.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of plant.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept in the form of “Maximo” task sheets.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices iaw SSoW
- Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of Interserve staff and clients staff especially within team quadrant.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
- Ensure a professional image of Interserve is presented to clients and visitors, and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times.
- Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
- Comply with recognised procedures and systems, and strive to deliver the best quality possible.
- Continuously pursue high standards, embrace change, recognise improvement opportunities, and learn from experience.
- Successfully adapt to changing demands and conditions. Willingness to develop efficient ways of working
- Acts with professionalism and integrity at all times when dealing with others
- Analyses issues and provided solutions, by demonstrating systematic judgement
- Show a willingness to be developed and to mentor develop others
- Create new and imaginative approaches to work-related issues. Identifies fresh approaches and shows a willingness to question traditional assumptions.
Qualifications / Skills / Attributes Required
- Must hold a "time served apprenticeship" ideally in Electrical Engineering
- Must have a demonstrable background in a Maintenance environment
- Authorised Person: HV / LV Training Course desirable
- C&G 17th Edition/ 18th Edition
- Knowledge on how to service/test of systems of highly specialised equipment
- 3 Phase electrical supplies knowledge
- Strong and effective communication skills.
- Alarm systems
- UPS backup systems
- BMS Systems
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'