Working Conditions: Working conditions in Afghanistan are arduous and includes heat and dust, frequently involving much physical exertion and exposure to the elements. Operations will be of a 24 hour nature. Flights & full messing provided. Must be willing to work across the FMSO Middle East Sites should the requirement arise.
The Electrician must be of a Technical status and have:
- Must hold NVQ level 3 or equivalent or higher qualifications in an appropriate discipline.
- 3 years relevant post qualification experience.
- 17th Edition BS 7671
- Must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of UK health and safety legislation and an ability to carry out risk assessments and propose actions for risk control/management.
- Must be confident to make decisions under pressure.
- City & Guilds 2391 Inspection and testing
- Ideally hold AP Electrical (Low Voltage)
- Be familiar with NATO, ICAO and ISO terminology.
- Experience of working on operations in austere remote sites or in developing nations.
Core Responsibilities & Duties:
- The principal duties of the Electrician will be the undertaking of inspection, maintenance, repair and installation of electrical installations and fire alarm systems in theatre.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of codes of practice, British Standards and good working practice.
- Capable of working unsupervised operating within a management structure.
- Supervision of TCN’s and locally employed civilians ensuring all tasks carried out comply with current 17th Edition BS 7671.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, KBR Health and Safety policies, and the Electricity at Work regulations.
- Filling out PPM reports, logbooks, response maintenance reports and all paperwork relating to associated tasks such as risk assessments and material requests.
- Investigate faults and problems and advise on all engineering and related matters
- To prepare estimates and/or purchase requests for maintenance, repair and new works of Electrical Plant and infrastructure
- Ensuring satisfactory commissioning of all new electrical engineering services
- Participate in an emergency call out service to meet the operational needs of the Client
- Undertake such other duties deemed necessary to supplement or balance the support services provided
- Any other duties as directed
- 17th Edition
- inspection & Testing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job