We specialise in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Engineering Sector. We have an excellent opportunity for an Electrician to join a highly established and successful organisation based in Newark.
£40,000 (£50k to £55k pa OTE) + Company vehicle, mobile, work tablet, ongoing support, career progression, generous overtime
You would be expected to travel the length and breadth of the UK to carry out the installation and certification of 3phase 415v electrical controls for dewatering systems comprising multiple electric pumps, mains distribution, temporary cabling, and auto mains failure systems.
Electrician’s Core Duties
- Preparation of Equipment Prior to Delivery to Site
- Prepare, test & certify pump control panels, switchgear enclosures, isolators and distribution equipment.
- Prepare, test & certify electric pumps (typically 1 - 37kw)
- Connect pump cables using heat shrink or resin joints.
Installation on Site (Working within a team or by yourself, individuals will be carrying out tasks such as;)
- Install power distribution cables (typically 2.5 mm to 10 mm 4 core SWA)
- Connect isolators & 16amp plug/socket connections
- Install pumps in wells, sumps, or pump stations
- Installation & connection of groundwater instruments and flow monitoring devices (volt free, low volt, 110v, 240v
- Ensure installation, protection and signage of equipment to appropriate standards.
- Connection of control cabins (typically 150 - 400amp) to mains, diesel generator and earthing as required.
- Preparing and issue 17th Edition Certificates for Dewatering Systems.
During Running Phase (Working mostly on your own you will;)
- Carry out routine inspection and follow maintenance schedules of dewatering installation on different sites or locations.
- Production of electrical condition reports
- Carry out monitoring and report water levels and pump operation
- Liaise with our clients supervisors / managers on corrective actions required
Electrician’s Qualifications & Experience
- Must be time served with Electrical NVQ/C&G to level 3.
- Must have C&G 2382-15 (Electrical 17th Edition)
- Must have C&G 2391 or 2394, 2395 (Electrical inspection and testing) and have experience of testing.
- PAT testing qualification desirable (but not essential)
- Ideally JIB Qualified (but not essential)
- A valid CSCS ECS Electrician Card is required.
- Previous experience with 3 phase motors and controls is essential.
- Previous experience of working on a major civil engineering or construction project is essential.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills and written communication skills.
- Ability to use computer for email, word and MS excel.
- Hold a full valid UK driving license
- Flexibility to travel throughout the UK, Europe and possibly the world, for extended periods at short notice.
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today
- Civil Engineering
- 17th Edition
- 3 phase motors and controls
- C & G2391
- CSCS ECS