My Clients primary contracts are with Hull City Council to provide extensive property services to approximately 26,000 homes in the Hull area, which includes refurbishment of dwellings.
Hours: 40 hrs per week
- 2360/2330/2381 - Or equivalent,
- 17th edition,
- AM2 Or equivalent,
- NVQ 3 - Or equivalent
- To deliver; electrical inspection, installation, repair, maintenance and servicing work to Customers,Company and Statutory requirements.
- To discuss issues directly with customers on site in order to determine their exact requirements.
To locate and rectify electrical faults, carrying out maintenance and installations and installing electrical equipment to a standard which ensures the user’s safety.
To carry out electrical work in numerous locations each day with remote supervision. Locations of work are determined by workload and will vary daily. It will be necessary to travel using a company vehicle as required. The work will involve:
- Inspection and testing of existing installations
- Commissioning of new equipment
- Installation of new equipment including cabling
- Fault finding on equipment and cabling
- Carry out all repairs and install relevant components to render defective equipment and installations operational, both on site and within the workshop
- Portable appliance testing
To maintain a thorough technical knowledge and understanding of Company electrical specifications, BS7671 IEE Regulations, the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, C.O.S.H.H. Regulations along with Codes of Practice and other relevant legislation within the Company’s Safety Policy. This knowledge is required to be able to carry out compliant electrical work and deliver a service which meets all contractual requirements. To comply with all Health and Safety legislation, CDM regulations, with a responsibility for own and others’ health, safety and welfare. To work within detailed risk assessments and method statements.