Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Lancaster Way, Ely
£29,016 per annum (rising to £30,543 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Electrician to provide an effective maintenance and repairs service across one or more trade specialisms that meets contract and customer needs for the East Anglia region.
The role of Electrician will include:
- Undertaking allocated repairs, fault finding, testing and other associated works within agreed timescales to a high standard whilst working under minimal supervision
- Utisiling analytical and electrical trade skills to diagnose faults and deliver effective solutions to customers
- Monitoring and maintaining good levels of van stock and procuring of materials from our Supply Chain Merchant
- Working within appropriate Health & Safety regulations to ensure the environment, property and occupants are safe and secure at all times
Skills and experiences:
- Previous checkable experience within a construction, building or maintenance background
- Hold a City & Guilds qualification, NVQ/QCF Level 3 or have relevant experience as an Electrician along with a current certificate in PAT Testing and Test and Inspect 2392 – Domestic Properties
- Have the ability to analyse and diagnose problems and implement effective solutions
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills along with a customer focused approach
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 24 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 14 May 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job