Cambridge, East Anglia
£36,000 per annum
Here at Mears Group our vision is to make a positive difference to the communities we serve.
We do this by improving homes, improving communities and improving lives and our approach is based on the development of outstanding partnerships with employees, clients, tenants, customers, their families and the wider community.
With staff of all ages and walks of life, a job with Mears has a rewarding impact on the lives of others and your own life. With offices across the UK, a job at Mears could be just around the corner.
We are now seeking to appoint an Electrician to join us to cover East Anglia (including RM, E & IG postcodes)
This role comes with a company vehicle, fuel card and van stock. Testing equipment is provided and calibrated by Mears, but day to day tools must be provided by the candidate.
Within this role, you will install, service and maintain electrical systems and appliances in domestic properties to a high-quality standard in accordance with the current Edition of The IET Wiring Regulations.
The successful candidate will be able to install, repair, inspect & test electrical installations and have the ability to fill in correctly, the appropriate Electrical Certificate or Electrical Condition Report for the type of work being undertaken.
- City and Guilds 2360 Parts 1 and 2, or
- NVQ Level 3 Including AM2, or
- City and Guilds 2330 Levels 2 and 3, or (from Sept 2011)
- City and Guilds 2357 Including AM2
- City and Guilds 2392 - Fundamental Certification, Inspection and Testing
- City and Guilds 2391 (or to have shown competence in the area of Inspection & Testing electrical installations, in accordance with Guidance Note 3 of the IET and have a good knowledge of a variety of electrical installation work. Or to have been assessed by such persons as the NICEIC for the role of Qualifying Supervisor) or
- City and Guilds 2394 -Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations, and
- City and Guilds 2395 - Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations, and
- City and Guilds 2382-10/12 or 2382-20 (17th Edition of the Wiring Regulations) and the
- City and Guilds 2382-15 or to have proof of having taken an TBT or an update course (subject to holding C&G2382) encompassing the 3rd amendment to BS7671:2008
This role comes with a Van, Fuel Card, Van Stock, Mobile Phone / PDA - Tools are NOT provided.
Candidates for this role must hold a full UK driving licence
A written technical questionnaire will be part of the interview process.
Please refer to the full job description upon applying
Once you join the family, you'll have online access to a range of voluntary and flexible benefits, including...
- Training and development
- Mears Advantage - Allowing you to save money on everything from weekly groceries, to your annual family holiday
- Mears Assist - A confidential hotline open to all colleagues, providing support on a wide range of personal and work-related issues.
- Long service and additional holiday leave - Colleagues who stay for a period of time at Mears are rewarded for their service.
- Seeing first-hand the impact you have on the lives of the people you support
Mears Group PLC and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunities Employers
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job