Electrician - Fire Alarms
Location: Birkenhead, Merseyside
Salary: Competitive (depending on experience) + excellent benefits including travel, call out, standby allowance & company vehicle
A leading fire safety services and products company is looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic Electrician, with a Full UK Driving Licence and good knowledge of fire alarm systems and BS5839-1 / BS7671, to join their team in Birkenhead.
This role would suit a qualified electrician with some experience working with fire alarm systems.
About the Role:
- Carrying out & completing planned preventative maintenance, re-active and installation works during the required time period
- Ensuring all works are carried out to meet the requirements of BS5839 parts 1:2017 and 6:2013 and BS7671:2015 (or any other relevant British Standards)
- Liaising with manufacturers for technical support
- Producing service reports for all works & completing all required paperwork and certification
- Identifying variations and non-compliances
- Collating adequate information to provide necessary recommendations/quotes to the client
You will need to be available for the 24/7 out-of-hours fire alarm call out rota.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Good understanding of electrical installations
- Working knowledge of BS5839-1:2017 and BS7671:2015
- Good knowledge of fire alarm systems from varying manufacturers (both conventional & addressable)
- Excellent problem-solving, prioritising & multitasking skills
- Strong communication, administration & organisational skills
- Good understanding of compliance within Health and Safety
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Honest, reliable & consistent work ethic
- C&G Electrical Qualification
- Certification of completed FIA modules
- Completed either a recognised electrical or alarm apprenticeship, or a proven track record within the fire alarm industry
Knowledge of security ingress/access equipment
Sound interesting? Click on the APPLY button now.
Candidates with previous experience in or job titles including Fire Alarm Technician, Electrical Engineer, Electrician, Fire Alarm Engineer, Electrical Technician, BS5839-1:2017, BS7671: 2015 may be considered.
- Electrical Engineer
- Fire Alarm Engineer
- Electrical Technician
- Fire Alarm Technician
- BS7671: 2015
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job