Electrician Automation & Controls
Electrician (Automation & Controls)
Salary - circa £17.50/hour
Our client specialises in system integration for electrical/mechanical automation in various sectors that include Food, Drinks and Parcel Distribution sectors, globally.
In recognition of their growth and success, we're seeking an Electrician (Automation & Controls) to join their team. Our client offers continual professional development. You'll report to a Project Manager, provide experience and expertise necessary to ensure successful completion of electrical installations in compliance with current legislation at food & drink manufacturing facilities across the East Midlands and on occasion, across the UK. You'll assist in coordinating the labour resources and materials required for completion of projects and provide close supervision of a team of fellow Installation Electricians and Electrical Improvers.
You'll be an experienced Installation Electrician/Site Supervisor; able to demonstrate broad capabilities in electrical installation, testing, and completion of the associated mandatory documentation as well as, strong day to day supervisory skills developed through your time working in a similar industrial sector .
* Install, maintain, modify and repair a variety of electrical systems and equipment
* Communicate and adopt safe systems of work (RAMS)
* Observe the requirements of any Permit to Work issued by site Duty Holders
* Determine efficient work procedures and techniques
* Engage in the determination of work rotas and assignment of tasks
* Assess tasks for completeness and report any issues or variations
* Complete installation test reports and job documentation
* Ensure all tools and equipment in use is certified and/or calibrated
* Maintain positive relationships with client representatives and other third parties
* Undertake specialist training as required and keep up to date with statutory and legislative requirements
* Demonstrate and apply the principles of continuous improvement to achieve 'Best Practice'
* +5 years' experience of industrial electrical installations
* A good understanding of electrical control & safety circuits, electrical schematics and comfortable working from P&ID/layout drawings
* Clean Driving Licence
* A comprehensive toolkit for completing electrical installations
* Experience of working on own initiative
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* To be a team player and customer focused
Minimum Qualifications Required:
* NVQ Level 3 Electrical Installations or equivalent
* 18th Edition Update
* C&G 2391 Inspection and Testing or equivalent
ECS Gold Card - Registered Electrician - Installation Electrician
MEWP Safety Training Card, IPAF 3a, 3b or equivalent
- C&G 2391
- 18th Edition
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'