The role is responsible for driving Engineering Pillar activities, achieving measures and supporting through the application of WCM principles.
Primary role responsibilities include ensuring availability, safety and legal compliance of site infrastructure plant, equipment and services; leading improvement activities and supporting delivery of infrastructure projects.
The PM Technician will support the full range of team responsibilities, work plan and objectives including non-electrical tasks.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Execution of planned maintenance
- Timely response to unplanned events such as plant and equipment failure
- Maintenance of site electrical installations and infrastructure
- Electrical safety and compliance testing
- Maintenance of site fire detection and suppression systems
- Maintenance of site security, access control and muster systems
- Maintenance and development of IT and communications systems equipment and infrastructure
- Development and maintenance of plant and equipment technical documentation
- Identification and availability of spare parts
- Loss and failure root cause analysis
- Identification and implementation of plant and equipment reliability and efficiency improvements
- Identification and implementation of cost and value improvements
- Identification and implementation of environmental and sustainability improvements
- Management and supervision of work carried out by contractors
- Site induction of contractors
- Issuing of permits to work
Engineering Apprenticeship at Level 3
- Electrical NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent)
- BTEC Level 3 Electrical (or equivalent)
BS 7671:2008 (17th Edition amendment 3)
- Electrical distribution systems, LV and HV
- Fire detection and suppression systems
- HVAC systems
- IT and Coms systems infrastructure
The working hours for this will be a M-F 07:00-15:00 & 14:00-22:00 on an alternate week relay pattern. The role will also include working the 4 days at Easter, the remaining 3 Bank Holidays & a 8 further Sunday's, the starting salary inclusive of the shift uplift will be circa £34k progressing to circa £40k when fully trained/demonstrating key competencies internally.