We are seeking an electrical technician, preferably with some mechanical skills to ensure that all equipment at water treatment works are running safely and efficiently using proactive and reactive maintenance methods.
- Investigating plant failures and carrying out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions to the process
- This may involve investigating and diagnosing complex faults and carrying out repairs during incidents
- Carrying out scheduled planned maintenance work on mechanical and electrical equipment in compliance with company procedures in order to minimise plant breakdowns
- Providing technical advice to the wider team, referring to up to date technical knowledge, and provide training or support for technical trainees if required
- Using technical equipment such as various pumps and associated control gear, 3 phase motors, starters and controls, electronic control systems such as VSD’s, automatic valves and penstocks, flow, level and pressure measurement, programmable logic controllers, variable speed drives and controls, chemical handling and dosing equipment
- You should be a time served apprentice with significant experience of electrical systems working in a “true multi-skilled” capacity
- Previous experience in an electrical apprenticeship, ONC/HNC in engineering, NVQ or C&G level 3 in mechanical engineering with an upskill qualification in mechanical NVQ 2/3 is crucial
- For individuals with mechanical or electrical experience only, we will look to develop the right people to dual skilled status
- Ideally you will have been upskilled with a mechanical qualification to allow inspecting, maintaining, fault diagnose, test, install, modify or repair mechanical and electrical plant equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety issues are crucial
- The work will require physical fitness; as you will work in confined spaces with successful completion of the appropriate training
- Participation in a 24/7 out of hours’ standby rota will be required after a suitable period of training and assessment for which you will receive additional payment
What’s in it for you:
You will have excellent training and development opportunities and there will be plenty of scope to progress your career within an enthusiastic operations team. This role offers great learning potential with the ability to cross skill into other disciplines.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'