Location: Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, AB21 0PS
Salary: £27K - £35K, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Electrical Technician - Job Purpose:
Build, assembly and test of control systems and electrical control panels
Support engineering staff with design, assembly and test
Duties of the Electrical Technician role:
• Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using standard test equipment devices to ensure compatibility and safety of systems.
• Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
• Perform business duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
• Ensure all service-related quality control procedures and processes are followed.
• Liaising with the General Manager on a day by day basis to ensure quality and service delivery is being maintained.
• Highlight any risks and work as a team to provide a solution to any service delivery or QHSE issues.
• Assist with the identification of customer’s requirements, new enquiries, quotes and commercial management of projects.
• Assist with the development of the maintenance procedures for the base, equipment and service lines.
• Providing time estimates for work that will feed into budgets.
• Carry out site surveys as required.
• Any other duties required in line with the needs of the business.
• Travel to client/customer sites with potential for overnight stay.
• Offshore work on an ad-hoc basis (payment received).
• Adhere to the company’s policies and procedures.
Knowledge and experience of the following would be preferable:
• PLC Control Systems (Hardware and Software).
• Scada Systems.
• Emergency Shutdown Systems (ESD).
• Fire and Gas Systems.
• Control Panel and Motor Control Centre Assembly Techniques
• Standard Electrical Control Systems
• Electrotechnology Theory
• Microsoft Office.
• OND / ONC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
• Oil and Gas UK Offshore Survival Course.
• Certificate of Medical Fitness for Offshore Employment (Oil and Gas UK Guidelines).
• Full Driving Licence.
• Preferred if COMPEX Trained.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
- Electronic Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job