Our client are recruiting an Electrical Technician
Location – Devonshire
As an Electrical Technician, you will be travelling around sites in and around Cornwall and Devonshire area, installing components, reporting, maintaining and fault finding on turbines. From time to time you will be required you to travel around the UK to assist teams during busy periods and/or to cover absences.
Electrical Technician Responsibilities –
- Carrying out the maintenance & repairs of the turbines when instructed
- Installation and retrofitting of key electrical components
- Carry out risk assessments and method statements when and where necessary
- Write a detailed report on the repairs and what was carried out after work is completed
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety requirements
- Assist in mechanical maintenance as and when required
- When and where necessary, travel to WEC sites throughout the UK, Germany and possibly elsewhere in Europe.
You will be climbing the wind turbines on a daily basis; excellent with heights is a requirement. A proactive, motivated, resourceful, team player is needed in this challenging and exciting position. Ability to stick to deadlines and finish work to the highest standard is required.
The ideal Electrical Technician
- Level 3 electrical qualifications; ideally you will be a time served apprentice
- Ideally an Engineering degree or similar
- Ability to fault find and report on electrical issues.
- Highly health and Safety conscious.
- Ideally experienced in commercial and/or industrial electrics.
- Experience with maintenance schedules.
- A full (clean) driving license is essential
- Excellent health and fitness levels are essential for this role.
- Must be good with heights
- A team player, flexible and resourceful individual is required for our teams.
Please be aware the role will involve periods of time staying away from home
Our client offer a very competitive basic salary and OTE circa £30,000 - £32,000, a private pension scheme, private healthcare, friendly and helpful colleagues and fully paid accommodation whilst travelling.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Electrical Technician, our client want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest.The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
- 17th Edition
- Electrical Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job