Our client are now recruiting an Electrical Technician
Location - Inverness
Our client are recruiting an Electrical Technician to join the team in Inverness. In this position you will be traveling around their sites working with one other, within a department of 7 teams, installing components, reporting, maintaining and fault finding on their turbines.
As an Electrical Technician, you will be climbing the wind turbines on a daily basis; a proactive, motivated, resourceful, team player is needed in this challenging and exciting position. Ability to stick to deadlines and finish work to the highest standard is required. From time to time they will require you to travel around the UK to assist the teams during busy periods and/or to cover absences.
Electrical Technician Responsibilities -
- Carrying out the maintenance & repairs of the turbines when instructed
- Installation and retrofitting of key electrical components
- Carry out risk assessments and method statements when and where necessary
- Write a detailed report on the repairs and what was carried out after work is completed
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety requirements
- Assist in mechanical maintenance as and when required
- When and where necessary, travel to WEC sites throughout the UK, Germany and possibly elsewhere in Europe.
Electrical Technician Skills and requirements
- Level 3 electrical qualifications; ideally you will be a time served apprentice
- Ideally an Engineering degree or similar
- Ability to fault find and report on electrical issues.
- Highly health and Safety conscious.
- Ideally experienced in commercial and/or industrial electrics.
- Experience with maintenance schedules.
- A full (clean) driving license is essential
- Excellent health and fitness levels are essential for this role.
- Must be good with heights
- A team player, flexible and resourceful individual is required for the teams.
Please be aware the role will involve periods of time staying away from home
Our client is one of the markets leader’s in the wind energy industry. Represented in 36 countries, they provide the production, construction and maintenance of wind turbines.
They offer a very competitive basic salary and OTE circa £30,000 - £32,000, a private pension scheme and healthcare, 24 days holiday plus bank holidays and childcare vouchers, friendly and helpful colleagues and fully paid accommodation whilst travelling. If you want to work for a forward thinking company apply today for the role of Electrical Technician!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
- Electrical Technician