Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator based at Wytch Farm, is currently seeking an Electrical Technician to join their team.
You will be responsible for the maintenance, repair and operational monitoring of LV and HV Electrical related equipment and systems, to ensure efficient, reliable and safe operation of our production facility.
This role operates on a weekday rotational pattern of 4 X 10.5 hr shifts - 06:45/17:15 - with weekend cover rotated within each discipline. The working pattern during projects and shutdowns may change and overtime may be required as circumstances dictate.
Key accountabilities include:
- Plan and execute scheduled preventive and breakdown maintenance activities to minimise impact on production, and maximise plant availability on the following:
Variable speed controllers; LV/HV motors; LV/HV protection; LV/HV distribution systems
UPS systems; lighting & small power; domestic systems; trace heating & cathodic protection
Perform LV & HV Electrical Isolations and lock-offs.
- Raise relevant permits within the agreed time period
- Report relevant maintenance data for reliability analysis
- Participate in failure investigations and identify reliability issues
- Generate new work requests to highlight plant and equipment faults
- Develop and review operational and maintenance procedures
- Provide input and assistance for new projects including commissioning work
- Work with vendors and sub-contractors as required
- Comply with requirements of MOC for Plant Modifications
- Actively participate in a responsible waste management system
- Attend and participate in the Operations morning shift meeting
The ideal candidate will hold an accredited apprenticeship or an equivalent Electrical HNC. Previous experience in the Oil & Gas Industry is desirable, although applications from a related Industry will be considered
Experience working with ATEX equipment is desirable (Compex Trained) along with experience working with HV equipment but not essential as training can be given
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd