Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Bulk and Break Engineering Department, based at the Port of Liverpool. This is a shift based role.
Role Purpose: To work with the engineering team to deliver on-time delivery, continuous flow, customer satisfaction and zero defects. The Shift Technician will work across all the bulk facilities (Grain, AFS, and Biomass) on a rolling shift pattern, carrying out maintenance on heavy plant and equipment.
This role will include the following responsibilities:
-Complete planned and reactive maintenance activities and carry out modifications to all types of heavy plant and equipment, working in an effective and safe way
- Liaise with operations and prioritise breakdown repairs, using fault finding diagnostic techniques and equipment to ensure reactive maintenance impact is minimised
- Ensure completion of documentation including, daily logs, job reports updating work progress sheets to identify work activity and delays
- Troubleshoot PLCs, variable speed drives and other electrical control systems installed on varying types of plant and equipment, in order to minimise operational downtime
- To work individually or as part of a multi-skilled team, focusing on engineering maintenance, demonstrating commitment to multi-skilled activity where appropriate
- Carry out all duties with due care and attention adhering to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and HSE regulations
Applicants interested in this role should ideally possess the following skills and experience:
- Time served apprentice or qualified to a minimum ONC/HNC or equivalent qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Previous experience of working with heavy plant and equipment in an industrial environment is essential, ideally gained within Quarrying or Bulk Handling industries
- Extensive practical experience with relevant plant and equipment including conveyor systems, hydraulics, pneumatics and rotating equipment
- Working knowledge of 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations, SCADA and Siemens PLC or equivalent would be advantageous
- Able to fault find and problem solve, using up to date fault finding diagnostic techniques and equipment is essential
- Working knowledge of PLC or drive control systems and HV networks would be desired
- A full valid Driving Licence is essential
In return you will receive:
-25 days of annual leave
-Company Pension with matching contributions of up to 10%
-Development through training
-Attractive salary sacrifice schemes for new car, bike, I Pad etc
-Discounted Cinema Tickets
About Peel Ports Group
Peel Ports is More than Ports. It's a unique network that connects everything from ports and terminals, shipping lines, fabrications and repair operations.
It's a network that we're constantly developing and growing. With our strategically located ports across the UK, we are able to offer unique logistics solutions for our container and unitised customers and link seamlessly with our RoRo and LoLo connections. Everything Peel Ports does is designed to bring added value to every service we offer our clients.
Our core values are Personal Responsibility, Integrity and Honesty, Strive for Excellence, Heartfelt Customer Service, One team.
Peel Ports is committed to a workplace free from harm. Our Safety365 strategy helps deliver the highest health and safety standards.
- Electrical Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job