Title: Electrical Systems Engineer
Salary Range: £24.10 - £25.41
Division: Vehicle Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
- Maintain the technical issues relating, both, to hardware and the off-board server for data acquisition.
- Develop technical scripts for data capture triggers on specific technical events on the network to help capture a known issue event.
- Configure the associated hardware to the respective vehicle type
- Compile, produce and document logging scripts for all types of data capture and triggers
- Maintain and service the off-board server whilst directly liaising with Intrepid engineer
- To develop, provide and present technical training and support to the data logging team
- Generate all documentation relating to data acquisition and server based trace storage
- Liaise with internal customers to assist towards the implementation of their desired data acquisition requests
- Continuously seek and research the latest data acquisition methods and equipment towards the future needs of the business
3 KEY SKILLS
- Tech Skills: CAN/ Flexray, MOST, LIN, BroadR-Reach, LINUX SW Tool Set: CANALYSER, DLT Viewer, PuTTy, ECU Diagnostics tool H/W Tool Set: Data acquisition equipment e.g. ION/Plasma Automotive Vehicle Loggers
- Ability to configure, both, S/W and H/W data acquisition equipment Technical report writing to document installation and calibration procedures
- Defect resolution tools: eTracker, AIMS2.0, Atlassin JIRA, IBM Rational ClearQuest Tool. Lean problem-solving tools or Root cause analysis: 8D, 5S, Ishikawa / fish-bone, Standard problem definition"
- Electrical systems management and technical delivery experience (Data logging experience desirable)
- Knowledge of SW & HW interfaces used in infotainment systems
- Knowledge of automotive electronics CAN / LIN / MOST / Ethernet / Flexray / Broard-R Reach
- Forward thinking/self starter/
- Team player, able to work effectively over multiple departmental / COC barriers to deliver effective business solutions
- Proven ability to work on own initiative, prioritize workload demands
- Possess a high level of attention to detail / accuracy.
- Organized and results orientated
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively as well as strong written skills
- Able to work under pressure to deliver multiple outputs / tasks.
- Able to use influencing skills/persuasion etc. to 'get the job done on time / quality' removing roadblocks
- Full Driving License
- Committed to transforming & growing the data logging team
- Reporting project / programme status report out at forums
- Issue Resolution tools: eTracker, AIMS2.0, JIRA, IBM Rational ClearQuest Demonstrated analytic agility and delivery.
- Awareness Infotainment / ADAS / Electrical / Connected Car / Telematics.
- White Papers on data management future of big data, data security, data handling, data protection within and external to automotive industry
BSc or higher Engineering Degree in Automotive, Electrical, Electronics
If you are interested in this contract opportunity apply now!
- 6 Sigma