Location: Midsomer Norton.
Benefits: Health & life assurance, company pension, etc.
Our client, a nationwide leader in the water & waste industry urgently requires a suitably qualified and experienced Electrical Supervisor to join their team in Midsomer Norton. The role offers the opportunity to work with a broad range of commercial and industrial clients in the water treatment, quarrying, nuclear and waste recycling sectors.
- Management of staff and subcontractors working on site
- Taking responsibility for the health & safety of self and all under your control, including any associated accident reporting and/or investigation
- Controlling project expenditure costs to maximise profitability and productivity
- Make decisions both small and large, to control risk and minimise uncertainty
- Adhering to all systems and processes as defined by employer and Clients
- Planning the work efficiently in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Ordering materials and ensuring that the correct materials are on site when required
- Create and manage effective teams - across functions and projects
- Proactively manage the impact on and protection of the environment
- Responsible for updating site documentation and adhering to agreed systems and processes
- Liaising with clients, resolving issues and developing new opportunities
- Managing the completion of site installation work ensuring work is on schedule and within budget, including:
- Organising the labour requirement in advance of the installation and ensuring that the agreed labour is on site at the required time
- To amend method statements and risk assessments due to site changes and ensure compliance by all personnel on site
- Undertaking briefings on method statements, risk assessment, toolbox talks and any other briefings required
- Ensure all tools and equipment are on site when required and hired plant is off hired as soon as it is finished with
- Recording and reporting additional work on priced jobs for invoicing
- Interpretation of site drawings and project information
- Carrying out installation works, assisting with testing and commissioning of installations
- Liaising with other contractors as required
- Appropriate City & Guilds trade Qualification
- Minimum 3 years of experience, after qualification as a Supervisor
- SSSTS or SMSTS
- Good client engagement and communication skills
- Hold a selection of higher-level qualifications/appointments e.g. Test & Inspect, SAP, COMPEX,
- Lift Supervisor, SMSTS or similar
- Able to give and take instruction, manage own and others workload with minimal assistance from Project Managers in delivering safe profitable projects
- Experienced in site managing large scale M &/or E projects
Our client is an equal opportunities employer who promote equality, diversity & provide an inclusive and supportive environment. You will be treated fairly and with respect. The position offers ample training and development opportunities
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an ever-growing established manufacturing company. If you feel you meet the criteria of this position, please get in touch with us at Totec.
All calls are handled with strict confidence. Thank you.
- Electrical Engineering
- Supervisory Experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'