Electrical & Software Engineer
Our chosen business partner is working with us exclusively on this opportunity. They are a global manufacturer of capital equipment and are experiencing a steady period of growth due to an increase in export orders. This is a really exciting time to join their engineering function.
* Development of electrical drawings from new sheet through to red line updates of electrical drawings
* Ability to design and draw electrical circuits (to relevant British & European regulations) and select components and cables taking into account all circuit and environmental conditions
* Adherence to internal and regulatory electrical system and standards.
* Advancement/refinement of existing software platforms/controls systems
* Development of new software platforms /techniques
* Project management of all aspects of machine electrical & software design
* Liaison with customers (internal & external) and suppliers.
* Computer Literate in Microsoft Applications
* Experienced in the design & construction of electrical circuits and control panels
* Knowledge of relevant British & European Regulations
* Programming PLC systems, Siemens S7
* Programming SCADA/HMI systems
* AutoCAD (R14 onward) experience
* Graduate or HND qualified
* Siemens Step 7 PLC programming.
* Siemens WinCC SCADA programming.
* CoDeSys (TwinCAT) programming
* Programming AC & DC drive systems.
* FieldBus applications.
* Appreciation of pneumatic, hydraulic, machine controls & other mechanical systems.
* Promis-e - Electrical Drafting Package.
* RSWire - Electrical Drafting Package.
* BS7671 IEE Wiring Regulations.
* EN61439 Low voltage switchgear & control assemblies.
* EN60204 Electrical equipment of machines
* Knowledge of relevant American Regulations
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job