Electrical Site Superintendent
Stopford are undertaking recruitment for our client Orthios, who have an exciting opportunity for a Company Electrical Engineer to join the team, at their Eco Park located in Holyhead, Anglesey (North Wales). You will join them on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary.
Orthios is a regenerative development specialist, with a wide expertise in plastic waste processing, energy, logistic, aquaculture, hydroponics, architecture, and project delivery. Their main objective is delivering local solutions for global climate change challenges by recycling and converting non-recyclable material into clean, green energy. The Orthios Eco Park comprises a suite of innovative technologies to generate products for use in both the domestic and industrial markets.
About the role:
The Company Electrical Engineer will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will have following responsibilities-
- To fulfil the electrical role of a Senior Authorised Person on site
- Responsible for all new electrical engineering works (excluding internal functions such as IT) and providing standards and guidance to the high voltage and low voltage site teams on all operation and maintenance matters
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of the Orthios 132kV Switchyard
- In house and out of house design, specification and initiating of tenders for new works and maintenance
- Function as the main point of contact between National Grid, Orthios and the electrical subcontracting teams / companies engaged by Orthios
- Reports on progress and programming of works and regular meetings both in Orthios main office in Chester England, and on site in Anglesey
- Vetting of potential suppliers and initiating reports on viability of products
- Identify and define roles within the electrical team and manage the approved hiring process
- Special studies and reports to the board. Estimates and options, value for money
- Management of external consultants and vetting of design for technical compliance, value for money and streamlining of works programmes
- Coordinating with other Orthios team members and regular meetings. Coordinating with site SAP and AP’s.
As Orthios’ Company Electrical Engineer you will receive the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Generous sick leave program
- Employee assistance program
- Free on-site parking
- Chartered Electrical engineer with a minimum of 20 years post professional qualification and working towards Fellow status of the institution
- Ideally you will have worked in the construction, service and design sectors and held senior technical / managerial positions in the private sector with blue chip companies and / or larger consultancy practices
- Relevant public sector experience will be considered
- In depth knowledge of the electrical industry gained both in design, operation and maintenance of broad range of electrical services including HV (up to 33kV), LV and safety systems
- Working knowledge of electrical systems up to 132kV would be an advantage. Also, generation and UPS systems. Lighting, lightning protection and specialist DSEAR systems
- Knowledge of working with public utilities and standard service agreements and processes involved
- Familiarity with building and mechanical services including heating, ventilation, air conditioning and process systems
- Proven ability to meet tight programmes and 'can do’ approach an advantage
- Ability to manage both in house and out house multi-disciplinary teams
- Able to engage with all levels of the team to meet working programmes. Vetting potential job applicants
- Experience in process control.
If you would like to join the team as ourCompany Electrical Engineer, then why not click 'apply’ today - we’d love to hear from you!
Please note we do not accept applications from agencies, and you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'