Electrical Service Technician
Our client are recruiting anElectrical Technician
Location – Stornaway, HS1 2RF
Our client is one of the markets leader’s in the wind energy industry. Represented in 36 countries, they provide the production, construction and maintenance of wind turbines.
As an Electrical Technician, you will be travel around their sites, installing components, reporting, maintaining and fault finding on our client's turbines. From time to time they will require you to travel around the UK to assist their teams during busy periods and/or to cover absences.
Electrical Technician Responsibilities –
- Carrying out the maintenance & repairs of the turbines when instructed
- Installation and retrofitting of key electrical components
- Carry out risk assessments and method statements when and where necessary
- Write a detailed report on the repairs and what was carried out after work is completed
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety requirements
- Assist in mechanical maintenance as and when required
- When and where necessary, travel to WEC sites throughout the UK, Germany and possibly elsewhere in Europe.
You will be climbing the wind turbines on a daily basis; A proactive, motivated, resourceful, team player is needed in this challenging and exciting position. Ability to stick to deadlines and finish work to the highest standard is required.
Electrical Technician skills and requirements
- Level 3 electrical qualifications; ideally you will be a time served apprentice
- Ideally an Engineering degree or similar
- Ability to fault find and report on electrical issues.
- Highly health and Safety conscious.
- Ideally experienced in commercial and/or industrial electrics.
- Experience with maintenance schedules.
- A full (clean) driving license is essential
- Excellent health and fitness levels are essential for this role.
- Must be good with heights
- A team player, flexible and resourceful individual is required for their teams.
Please be aware the role will involve periods of time staying away from home
They offer a very competitive basic salary and OTE circa £30,000 - £32,000, a private pension scheme, private healthcare, friendly and helpful colleagues and fully paid accommodation whilst travelling, what more could you wish for in your new career? If you want to become a member of the future, now is the time to apply for the role of Electrical Technician!
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'