Electrical Service Technician required
-Netherlands based role (relocation / housing fee for the suitable candidate)
VDL Nedcar is the only major automotive plant in the Netherlands, with production capacity for some 200,000
vehicles a year. VDL Nedcar became part of VDL Groep in 2013 and makes passenger cars for OEMs as an
independent business. Since then, VDL Nedcar has grown rapidly; from 1,500 employees in
2012 to over 6,000 employees in January 2018. For the next few years, VDL Nedcar will have a solid basis on
which it aims to further develop this success and strengthen its independent position.
Does your heart skip a beat when a beautiful MINI drives past? Do you, as an Electrical Service Technician, have both a passion for engineering and an interest in the automotive industry? Then we have a great opportunity for you: a position has become available in VDL Nedcar's maintenance team in Born that is tailor-made for you!
VDL Nedcar in Born has a vacancy for an Electrical Service Technician.
What will you do as an Electrical Service Technician at VDL Nedcar in Born?
As an electrical service technician you are directly involved in the manufacturing process of VDL
Nedcar's showpieces: the MINI and BMW X1. The various phases of production take place in a pleasant, advanced environment in which you can play an important part, since you are responsible for preventative maintenance carried out of parts, materials and equipment in the bodywork area's maintenance departments. Your tasks also include:
- Locating, repairing and resolving faults in the production lines.
- Putting forward specialized improvement proposals.
- After approval is given, implementing and/or modifying these proposals.
- Advising and supporting external firms during maintenance work or when equipment is being installed and put into service
- Registering and reporting faults and activities in the VDL Nedcar systems.
What do you contribute as an Electrical Service Technician at VDL Nedcar in Born?
A passion for Service is paramount for us. Affinity with electrical engineering and working with and operating
robots is a close second. We are looking for someone with a proactive attitude and a service-minded work
attitude. A great team player with a hands-on mentality. We also expect you to:
- Have a level 7 degree in electrical engineering;
- Have knowledge of PLCs (Siemens S7, MELSEC), bus and safety systems and
- Have analytical abilities;
- Be proactive: you don't wait and see, but take action;
- Be willing to work in a shift system;
- Good communication skills
VDL Nedcar in Born offers you
A highly challenging full-time position in a vigorous, no-nonsense organization where you can develop yourself
and in which your competences will be utilized to the full. And, you will have the unique opportunity to work on the
end product, the MINI, in a high-tech environment in which the primary focus is on collaboration and
entrepreneurship. You will also be entitled to:
- A full-time employment contract.
- A salary in line with market levels.
- Good terms of employment in accordance with the Metalektro collective labour agreement.
- Housing fee or relocation fee
- 'Electrical' 'Technician' 'automotive'
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job