* Build, service, commission and test run equipment ready for despatch from the factory.
* Install, service and maintain equipment away from the factory.
* Diagnose and rectify all faults on equipment.
* Panel wiring, machine rewires and electrical maintenance of workshop.
* Provide cover for call out periods on a rota basis and over bank holiday periods
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
* Respond flexibly and positively to Senior Storeman or Service Co-ordinator to ensure service work is allocated evenly and effectively.
* Ensure all equipment and consumables are booked in and out of stores correctly.
* Ensure all appropriate documentation is filled out correctly (i.e. job cards, requisitions, timesheets, report sheets, cutting lists etc.).
* Report any defects in manufactured goods, consumables or tools so they can be rectified promptly
* Liase with the Store man to ensure vans are kept roadworthy, equipment is maintained and materials are booked out.
* Assist production personnel when working in the factory. * Ensure all equipment is used safely and follow all working procedures.
* Ensure all workstations and areas are kept clean and free from items which may cause health and safety risks to individuals and work colleagues.
-When working away from base, our engineers are booked into a local Premier Inn or equivalent with meals, accommodation plus an overnight allowance of £20 per night paid by the company.
-Service engineers are based at our factory at Meare
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / QUALS:
* Working away from the factory without supervision, either individually or as a team and at short notice.
* Ability to work and communicate with others.
* Work on own initiative in a pressurised environment.
* Ability to communicate with customers in a polite and responsive manner.
* Be fully conversant with PLC electrical control systems.
* Ability to read and work from hydraulic, mechanical schematics.
* General understanding of service procedures and control measures.
* General knowledge in mechanical and hydraulic controls systems.
* Be fully conversant with electrical control systems.
* Respond flexibly to change.
* Hold a full driving licence.
- waste baler
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job