Electrical Qualifying Supervisor
Are you a hands on, hardworking member of the community who wishes to benefit others around you?
Here at the Mears Group, we are searching for a skilled Electrical Qualifying Supervisor to help benefit the lives of their local community. While working in accordance to the relevant Safety Regulations and departmental procedures, you will have to carry out a variety of different duties.
As our next Electrical Qualifying Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Being the main point of contact between Mears Technical Compliance Team / NICEIC / SHE / Managers and where appropriate the client.
- Carrying out Risk Assessment of all electricians and ensure that this information is attached to the monthly skills matrix which is sent to the Compliance team every month.
- Verifying all electricians' inspection & testing results whether electronically or on paper in a timely manner to prevent Invoicing delays ensuring that due care and attention is maintained when verifying these results so as to prevent any potential claims against Mears for unsafe electrical issues.
- Being available for any audit conducted by Compliance / SHEQ / NICEIC.
- Being registered as the Qualifying Supervisor for the branch and be available for annual assessments by the NICEIC as prescribed within the rules of enrolment.
Skills required for this job role consist of:
- Experience with installing, servicing and maintaining electrical systems and appliances in accordance with the current Edition of The IET Wiring Regulations
- Have the knowledge to install, repair, inspect & test electrical installations and have the ability to fill in correctly, the appropriate Electrical Certificate or Electrical Condition Report
- Exposure to Supervising a team of electricians and apprentices ensuring that work is carried out in a safe and timely manner
- City and Guilds 2360 Parts 1 and 2, or
- NVQ Level 3 Including AM2, or
- City and Guilds 2330 Levels 2 and 3, or (from Sept 2011)
- City and Guilds 2357 Including AM2
- City and Guilds 2392 - Fundamental Certification, Inspection and Testing
- City and Guilds 2391 (or to have shown competence in the area of Inspection & Testing electrical installations, in accordance with Guidance Note 3 of the IET and have a good knowledge of a variety of electrical installation work. Or to have been assessed by such persons as the NICEIC for the role of Qualifying Supervisor) or
- City and Guilds 2394 -Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations, and
- City and Guilds 2395 - Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations, and
- City and Guilds 2382-10/12 or 2382-20 (17th Edition of the Wiring Regulations) and the
- City and Guilds 2382-15 or to have proof of having taken an TBT or an update course (subject to holding C&G2382) encompassing the 3rd amendment to BS7671:2008
At Mears we want to take care of our employees, that's why we have a benefits site called Mears Rewards exclusively for all our employees. This site has hundreds of savings at popular retailers as well as an important Employee Assistant Programme, to take care of your wellbeing. You could save up to £1,000 a year with the variety of offers we have at Mears Rewards, from Tesco to Thomas Cook there really is a saving for everyone that can make your money go further.
If this job appeals to you, we would love to hear from you! Follow the application process to complete your application towards building a better future for yourself and a better life for our local community and the In-House Recruitment team will be in touch.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'