Westray Recruitment Consultants is working alongside a market leader in the FMCG sector to expand their Engineering team and hire an Electrical Project Engineer. The Engineer will manage all elements of Electrical Engineering Project work from planning and design through to installation and commissioning.
- Report to the Engineering manager and conduct the planning, design, installation and commissioning of electrical components
- Install and commission Electrical Process Control equipment and associated Software
- Provide technical back up for the maintenance function
- Provide Plant technical support
- Lead initiatives, problem solving and installation of new processes
- Design, review and modification of electrical drawings
- Liaise with Department Managers, maintenance and production personnel
- Liaise with external contractors and equipment manufacturers
- Provide fault-finding support and investigation to improve production processes
- Complete any necessary reports and feedback to Engineering Manager
- Develop organisational relationships
- 4 year Apprenticeship in Electrical/Instrumentation
- HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 17th Edition IEE Regulations
- Broad electrical background, preferably with a background in web handling
- Ideally experience of working within the paper industry, including newspaper, paper mill or wallpaper sectors
- Familiar with Schneider and Siemens PLC's
- Experience of MODSOFT, CONCEPT, UNITY PRO, SIEMENS S5 and S7 software
- Appreciation/experience of Instrumentation, Process Control, including Modbus Plus, Ethernet Comms and HMI's
- Strong knowledge of PLCs
- Experience of AC/DC Drive Control Systems
- Experience of providing planned and preventative maintenance
- Hands on experience gained within a fast moving, established manufacturing plant, electrical and instrumentation control, including pneumatic and hydraulic circuits.
This is a permanent position working day shifts, which is 8am - 4:30pm.
The role is offering a salary of between £40,000 and £42,000. Free on-site parking is on offer, as well as 25 days holiday + stat.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Joe Rowan to find out more information about this position. Joe's contact number is and email address