Westray Recruitment Consultants have the pleasure of working with a Nationwide Electronics Manufacturer to source an Electrical Product Engineer for their site in Consett. The role involves providing Electrical and Engineering support to various divisions, with the use of AutoCAD.
- Product application engineering relating to the design and industrialisation of special / bespoke electrical products.
- Produce and maintain BOMS and routings, including the costing of products through the manufacturing system VIP.
- Assist the R&D and Industrialisation departments from design to manufacture.
- Produce wiring diagrams for the bespoke products.
- Produce manufacturing drawings, Product Control Documents (PCD) for production to use.
- Liaise and provide support, as and when required to the Industrial Engineer.
- Provide technical and product knowledge support to sales representatives, Quality Control, Production and others when requested.
- Set up special part numbers using VIP and Legrand OPGL systems.
- To produce, maintain and update the Product Control Documents (PCD) and manufacturing drawings for bespoke Electrical products.
- Issue Electrical information packs to production for manufacturing the bespoke products, maintain and update as and when required.
- Abide by the companies' core values and code of ethics and strive to meet and exceed the Group's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) commitments.
- Minimum - City and Guilds in an Electrical Engineering qualification.
- HND in an Electrical Engineering qualification.
- Knowledge of the 17th Edition wiring regulations.
- Experience of drawing software, AutoCad, etc (Desirable).
- Possess excellent attention to detail.
- Be well organised, being able to plan and manage projects / tasks.
- Use of own initiative.
- Remain focussed and constantly maintain a high level and quality of work output.
- Have excellent relation building skills and the ability to deal comfortably with all levels of staff.
- Be able to analyse complex situations and give balanced well considered decisions/ advice/solutions.
- Possess IT skills (MS Office).
- National and international travel required, as and when.
- Driving licence essential.
This is a permanent role working day shift Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
The role is offering a highly competitive salary package along with a pension scheme, 25 days' holiday and life insurance cover.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Michael O'Neill for more details on this role on or at .
- product engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job