Electrical Principal Engineer
My client is a renowned Specialist of Packaged Chemical Dosing Systems & Water Quality Management Systems & Electrical Control Panels. Due to continued expansion within the department the company have a current opportunity for an Electrical Principal Engineer to join their team
Main purpose of post:
Supporting the Technical Manager, the role of Electrical Principal Engineer provides electrical leadership to the Electrical Engineering Function, ensuring that the design process & all outputs fully comply with Company, contractual, budgetary, procedural & legislative requirements. Additional responsibilities include the continuous development of process & electrical Standards, working seamlessly with other personnel to enable the Company to achieve its goals & objectives.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The key objectives of the appointment are to :-
1. Provide electrical leadership & guidance technically, commercially (where applicable seeking guidance from Project / Commercial Management) & managerially to the overall Engineering Function.
2. Working with the Technical Manager, oversee electrical technical aspects of the Engineering Function. This encompasses, but is not limited to: reviewing specific designs, drawings & specifications (such as Process & Instrumentation Diagrams); the technical content of sales literature; Risk Assessments & Method Statements, operating manuals & test procedures.
3. Own & continually develop the Company's Engineering Standards & Technical Construction Files in accordance with internal procedures, ensuring compliance with relevant & the most recent harmonized European Standards & Directives. Where applicable record, analyse & interpret test data.
4. Develop processes for managing & developing Electrical Standards.
5. Assist Process / Mechanical Engineering personnel in developing technically appropriate & (wherever possible) value-engineered / analysed solutions as required by the project / contract / budget / standard design. 6. Supporting the Technical Manager, deputise responsibility for CE marking & legislative compliance (ensuring sound technical & related evidence exists) enabling a Declaration of Conformity or Declaration of Incorporation to be issued.
7. Assist in the creation & development of design work / activity.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
Proven experience within a similar role (undertaken within a contractual / project-based environment).
A comprehensive understanding of process & electrical engineering & modelling.
Commercial awareness (working within budgetary constraints).
Health & Safety awareness.
Excellent ICT skills - including, but not limited to, Word Processing, Spreadsheets & Databases.
Experience of Software / Process Engineering.
Knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
Knowledge of Contract Management.
Knowledge of the UK Water Industry.
Educated to HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline
Hours of Work
Monday to Thursday, 0830hrs to 1700hrs; Friday, 0800hrs to 1630hrs
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist Engineering & Manufacturing recruitment company based in Norfolk
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job