Our client based in Sittingbourne is looking for an Electrical / Mechanical Maintenance Technician to join their team.
Reporting to the Plant and Engineering Manager you will be responsible for co-ordinating and undertaking all planned and unplanned mechanical maintenance work cross the organisation.
Duties will include:
* Responsible for the daily signing off of all power presses including but not limited to checking guarding is present and securely fitted. Checks to be carried out visually and audibly.
* To carry out regular maintenance of plant and equipment, including lubricating, adjusting and / or replacing consumable spare parts as necessary.
* Maintaining and keeping stock of common consumables to a minimum value taking into consideration supply lead time, frequency of failures, impact on production when not in use.
* Responsible for PPM (Planned preventative maintenance) maintaining a log of all uniquely identified plant equipment and tooling. Establishing and maintaining a maintenance frequency log for each item, including a review process.
* Ensuring all objectives are carried out within an agreed time frame.
* Investigating any plant and tooling problems.
* Carrying out all routine maintenance checks to ensure parts are produced to specification. Liaising with relevant personnel as necessary.
* Carrying out repairs / modifications to plant and equipment
* Liaising with external maintenance services as required either by phone or email.
* General repair and maintenance to the fabric of the building, including but not limited to painting, decorating and general building repairs. Utilities repair and maintenance including but not limited to plumbing, pneumatics.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications:
* Must be able to work on own initiative and prioritise own work load with the ability to be flexible with urgent jobs as well as general daily tasks, occasionally working outside normal hours
* Able to work with minimal disruption to surrounding workforce and to within relevant compliance standards.
* Understanding and competence in relevant Health and Safety requirements, coupled with ability to maintain records as required (familiar with risk assessments, method statements, COSHH etc.)
* Basic IT skills. Familiar with ERP system, MS Office applications
* Car and driving licence with business travel insurance for occasion travel from normal place of work is essential
* A person with knowledge of metal fabrication and its manufacture is desirable, although not essential.
* 3-5 years’ experience in a maintenance role from a similar environment. A recognised mechanical engineering qualification would be preferred, but relevant experience will be considered
* Ability to MIG weld.
* C&G 2365 level 2 and 3 diplomas in electrical installations.
* Good understanding of production processes and equipment use regarding safety and efficiency.
* Excellent communication skills, able to give direction to others.
* The job holder will be competent in press inspections and ideally have abrasive wheels training.
* A good general understanding of mechanical devices and equipment, with a flair to analyse problems and take corrective action.
* Skilled in the correct use of a multitude of different types of hand tools / power tools / welding equipment etc
* The ability to write up basic summary reports.
Please submit your details for consideration.