Electrical & Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Location: Lockerbie, Dumfries and Galloway
Salary: Competitive, DOE.
Contract: Full time, permanent.
James Jones & Sons Ltd is one of the UK's largest and most progressive timber companies with core activities in sawmilling, I-Joist and pallet manufacture. We operate five sawmills throughout Scotland; an engineered wood manufacturing plant in the north of Scotland and have pallet and packaging operations at ten sites across the UK. We produce high quality, British grown sawn timber for the construction, pallet, packaging, fencing and agricultural sectors and pallets and packaging for blue chip domestic and exporting businesses. In addition, we are the market leaders in the supply of JJI-Joists to many of the UK's top house builders.
If you would like some more information on the company then please visit our website.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for Electrical & Mechanical Maintenance Engineers to join our team (this position is also suitable for multi-skilled engineers). These positions are to strengthen our existing team and provide cover for our latest production facility.
Your key tasks will be to safely carry out preventive and reactive maintenance and process improvement in order to minimise production machinery downtime. Our engineers work a 3-shift pattern to support our 24-hour operation.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will include the following;
• To work safely at all times complying with and using (safe systems of work using permit systems, method statement, dynamic risk assessments...).
• To efficiently and effectively fault find / diagnose technical / process issues
• To resolve breakdown issues with minimal impact to production.
• To identify process and equipment improvement opportunities (maintenance schedules and equipment capability / reliability).
• To complete all maintenance activities on time as planned.
• To be flexible in attendance to complete activities.
• To follow instructions provided by site management / supervisors.
• To maintain a clean and tidy work area at all times.
• To be a proactive team member.
• Improving technical skills and knowledge at all times.
Our ideal candidate
• Recognised engineering apprenticeship or similar qualification.
• 3 - 5 years' engineering experience gained working within a manufacturing environment.
• Experience in PPM and fault finding on hydraulics and pneumatics systems on modern machinery and equipment.
• Using computer systems.
• Sound maintenance / engineering experience in a production environment, ideally a heavy engineering environment.
The successful candidates must have the ability to communicate in English as well as comprehend written instructions. Previous work experience in a factory environment would be beneficial. A driving licence is essential. Additionally, you must have the right to work in the UK without the need for sponsorship.
An attractive remuneration package including a weekly production bonus and an enhanced pension scheme is available to the right individuals. If you feel you have the right skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today and submit your CV and a brief cover letter detailing your current salary.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today!
3 week shift rotation, patterns as follows:
• Back shift - 14:00 - 22:30 5 shifts (Monday - Friday)
• Early shift - 05:30 - 14:30 5 shifts (Monday - Friday)
• Night shift - 19:00 - 06:00 4 shifts (Monday - Thursday)
- Engineer. Engineering