The Technical Engineer will join an engineering team involved in the design, build and installation of labelling systems for packaging lines.
Working in a small team, there will be opportunity to become involved in other Technical areas including electrical/mechanical design, 5S implementation, thermal printer repairs, PLC programming. Previous experience in any of these areas may be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Carry out the high-quality assembly, installation and maintenance of industrial equipment/ machinery on customer sites.
- Develop in depth expertise in industrial labelling equipment in order to provide comprehensive support to customers during and post installation
- Conduct comprehensive equipment testing prior to despatch.
Electrical / Mechanical Engineer Requirements
- IT capabilities and an interest in software\software writing.
- PLC knowledge and an interest in industrial PLC programming.
- experience with high standard, accurate electrical/mechanical installation and wiring service for panel build and machine assembly is preferable but training will be provided.
- the ability to identify and carryout job instructions from drawings and work instructions.
A recognised qualification and trade association membership is preferable. A full UK driving licence is essential - the role will be based in our Crewe offices with UK travel.
We are looking for candidates who can work independently and be adaptable, taking on varied tasks with enthusiasm.
Cobalt Systems Ltd are specialists in the design and construction of inline bar-code labelling systems, with an impressive customer base of major manufacturers in the Food, Personal Care and Distribution sectors. Technical Engineer is an additional member of the Technical Operations team.
How to apply
If you have the desired skills and experience, and would like to be considered for this Electrical / Mechanical Engineer job then we would like to hear from you.
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click ‘apply’.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Suitable skills / experience: Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Technical Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job