To manage the performance of staff, sub contractors and suppliers to ensure the effective and efficient maintenance service. Core elements will include Health and Safety, communication at all levels, advising management on statutory compliance, safe and efficient use of resources. To manage maintain
To undertake any other reasonable duties as required, as directed by management.
This job description represents an outline of the responsibilities of the post and may be amended following consultation with the post holder.
Full Driving Licence.
All employees must comply with NHSL Policies and Procedures, including:
Health and Safety
Essential: Recognised Electrical qualifications.
Previous demonstrable management experience.
Desirable: HNC preferred.
3 years post qualifying relevant experience in similar role, good communication skills, and flexible attitude to work situations. Familiarity with the healthcare sector, and day to day operation and maintenance of varying types of healthcare building/premises.
To work within Permit to Work procedures as appropriate and in particular for SHTM 02-01, SHTM 03-01, SHTM 04-01, L8.
- Plan and schedule all planned preventative maintenance activities for buildings, plant and equipment using the Maximo system.
- Undertake negotiations with subcontractors and suppliers to provide a cost effective service.
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff and subcontractor's response and rectification times are met and repairs are undertaken diligently, with due care and without undue delay.
- Regularly meet with staff, subcontractors and suppliers to discuss performance.
- Responsible for the safety of building fabric and mechanical and electrical plant and equipment and for safe working practices.
- Ensure that the integrity of the systems are achieved ie HV, Gas, Renal, medical gases, etc
- Ensure adherence to all Statutory Standards and Regulations and Department of Health requirements.
- Involvement in the process of tendering contracts and the selection of new sub-contractors and suppliers through liaison with the M&E management team
- Attend Union meetings and Health & Safety forums with staff and the client on a regular basis
- Ensure that Life cycle Planning is achieved
- Responsible for bringing to the attention of the Operations Manager any unsafe working conditions, working practices, unsafe plant or equipment encountered during the execution of duties.
- Responsible for the execution of any other estates and facilities related duties in an emergency/urgent situation, as directed by the Engineering Services Manager.
- Responsible for participating in the 'on call' rota as and when required, after suitable training and relevant experience is gained.
- Responsible for supervision and participating in a recall to work' procedure for emergency repairs as required when not on call.
- Responsible for undertaking flexible working practices across the whole range of estates services. This will include electrical, mechanical, plumbing, cleaning, building etc - duties as directed by the Site management Team.
- Responsible for undertaking work in any other building/property/location as required.
- Directly accountable for day to day matters to the Engineering Services Manager.
- Managing and directing staff in a safe and efficient manner and conducting personal performance evaluations of staff in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Responsible for liaising with other NHSL Managers.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of services to the site including supervision of contractors.
- To establish and monitor systems to ensure that maintenance standards are to the optimum with the resources available.
- Responsible for advising management where there is a demonstrable shortfall in resources to meet the standards required for patient environment and to meet legislation requirements.
- Support supervision & action of any management action plans.
- To ensure compliance with all policies relating to receipt/storage, economic use of goods and services.
- Responsible for the production of the relevant statistics for use in maintaining budgetary control.
- Responsible for ensuring that all statutory maintenance requirements are complied with.
- Responsible for maintaining comprehensive maintenance records.
- Responsible for establishing irregular maintenance requirements.
- Responsible for assisting management with development and the implementation of relevant approved new works, inclusive of financial control.
- Responsible for updating on new technology and advising on any future requirements to the staff training programme.
- Responsible for ensuring that energy management systems work at optimum efficiency.
- Responsible for advising management on future requirements for savings and better methods of energy housekeeping, in line with any energy policy.
- Responsible for promoting flexible working across all maintenance related disciplines, to ensure maximum efficiency with regards to use of manpower and resources.
- To actively identify continuing professional development requirements, and demonstrate progress towards enhancing knowledge and training.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.