Our Sunderland based client is a part of a larger group. Due to growth they are now looking to recruit a Shift Electrical Maintenance Technician. On offer is an attractive salary and the chance to work 3 shifts.
- To provide electrical support to Operations and Engineering teams.
- To carry out planned preventative maintenance in accordance with PPM schedule.
- To perform all duties in accordance with documented work requirements, legislation and the company’s policies and objectives, maintaining and improving performance in the areas of Safety, Quality and Environment.
- To be responsible for ensuring that appropriate repair and maintenance requirements are identified and undertaken as necessary to maintain plant availability and improve efficiency.
- Provide hands on support to maximise plant operations.
- Assist in the detailed planning of and preparation for plant maintenance shut down periods.
- Advise management of safety issues.
- Carry out hazard and risk assessments for routine and defect maintenance tasks as required.
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping.
- Recommend modifications or maintenance procedures that enhance the plants performance.
- To attend site 'out of hours’ to respond to breakdown or emergency situation.
- Time served Electrician, ideally qualified to HNC standard.
- Self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision and able to cope with numerous issues simultaneously and capable of prioritising tasks accordingly.
- Ability to demonstrate experience of working in an industrial environment.
- A minimum of 16th edition or NVQ equivalent and experience of maintaining industrial installations and equipment.
- Ensure all duties are carried out safely and compliantly.
- Issue permit to work as required.
- Observe all operations and report any near miss/accidents/incidents/non-conformance.
- Good knowledge of process controls including PLC’s and Invertor drives.