£35,858 starting salary - depending on experience plus benefits
Location: South Elmsall, Pontefract, WF9
12 hour shifts including days, nights and weekends
Life at Next:
- An opportunity to work with the leading technologies within Warehousing & Logistics
- Continuous training through our internal development programmes
- A competitive salary along with company bonus scheme and contributory pension
- Access to our Sharesave scheme
- Uniform is provided
- Free Parking
- Subsidised canteen
- 25% discount on Next Merchandise
- Up to 70% discount at our staff shops
About the role:
Next is one of the UK’s best known high-street retailers and most established online. Behind the scenes we are at the cutting edge of Warehousing and Logistics, employing more than 7000 people across eight distribution centres.
Our success is dependent on the expertise and passion of our teams across the UK. Life as a Maintenance Engineer at Next is fast-paced and full of challenges. We look after over 2 million customers and it takes a large, talented and efficient distribution operation to make that happen. As our online success continues to grow more than 15% year on year, a multi-million pound investment plan is in place for distribution centres. Our warehouses are undergoing a vast expansion plan, and we are looking for more talented Maintenance Engineers to join us
Our Maintenance Engineers play a pivotal role in ensuring that the huge range of warehouse machinery and equipment are maintained and repaired as required to ensure the operation runs smoothly, implementing management instruction with regard to all aspects of the role and ensure awareness of Health and Safety, working in a specialist field.
You will be required to;
- Perform fault-finding and diagnosis on a range of PLC controlled warehouse equipment
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on a range of pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyors, and cranes in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and industry standard practices
- Be responsible for the recording of all work undertaken
- Analysis and resolution of Electrical and Mechanical faults and repairs
- Conduct regular inspections whilst assisting in the completion and review of risk assessments for the department
- Work alongside other Engineers to combine a great deal of initiative and enthusiasm with a sound understanding of electrical and mechanical issues
- Be responsible for spare part auditing and ordering as appropriate to ensure equipment downtime is kept to absolute minimum
- Work with the Operations teams to ensure optimum flow of goods through the warehouse
- Resilient and work well under pressure?
- Able to work as part of a team?
- Great at multi-tasking effectively and thrive on challenge?
- A natural problem solver and organiser?
- Flexible with a 'can do’ approach and able to adapt to a changing environment?
- A strong communicator, capable of building strong relationships across the business?
- Previous experience of working in a Maintenance Engineering role with experience of PPM, fault-finding and diagnosis of faults on pneumatics and hydraulics ideally within a warehouse, FMCG or similar environment
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship and ONC (or equivalent) in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Understanding of ASI and Profibus systems
- PLC Experience
- Able to work at heights of up to 20m with appropriate training
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of utilising Mechanical & Electrical technical manuals and drawings
- PC Literate
- PLC Allen Bradley
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'