We are currently seeking an Electrical Maintenance Fitter who will be responsible for preventative maintenance as well as responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant. They will have involvement with new design, installation and movements of existing machines, overhaul and repair of machines and equipment as well as ensuring machines and equipment on site are safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose.
• Promote and carry out Preventative Maintenance.
• Ensure all machines are safe and fit for purpose.
• Installation of new machines and equipment.
• Overhaul, upkeep and repair of all plant machines.
• Working knowledge of PLC control (preferably Rockwell Automation) sensors and automation equipment.
• Electrical Installation.
• Review and advise on Engineering requirements and drawings.
• Work with and install single phase / three phase electrical circuits.
• Actively promote safe working practices.
• Work with and co-ordinate Contractors.
• Undertake repairs and servicing to the highest standard in accordance with work requests and pre-determined specifications.
• Fault Finding, testing, and the removal or adjustment of existing fittings, fixtures and parts.
• Where a detailed specification is not provided, determine the cause of the fault and then undertake the most cost-effective solution to remedy the defect.
• Contribution to the company objectives and values.
• To adhere to Company Rules / Health and Safety / Environmental Standards and Practices.
• To attend training and continuous development opportunities as required.
• Continuously look for improvements to the service and for effective good practice within the role.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience within an Electrical Maintenance role
• Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum of a BTEC Level 3 or ONC (or equivalent)
• Ability to undertake shift work (Annualised Hours pattern), overtime and call outs as required
• Effective communication skills including internally and with Contractors
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Technical background
• Previous Electrical Maintenance experience within a Manufacturing environment would be highly desirable.
• Good IT Skills
6 week pattern of 1 week of night, 1 week of backs and 4 weeks of days. Within that will be 1 weekend with off days during the week (1 weekend per 6 weeks).
Nights are 10pm - 7am
Backs are 3pm - 10pm
Days are 7am - 3pm
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'