Days - Electrical Maintenance Engineer - £35,000 - £38,000
(Week 1 - 7.45am-4.30pm Monday to Thursday, 7.45am-3.30pm Friday)
(Week 2 - 7.45am-4.30pm Monday to Thursday, 7.45am-3.30pm Friday, 7.45am-4.30pm Sunday)
Our chosen business partner is a leading manufacturer that is globally renowned for a product that supports the packaging industry and many more. The location would be ideal for someone keen on a work life balance with a particular interest in the outdoor life. This opportunity would be ideal for someone open to relocation in the rural parts of the North West.
You will be proficient and technically qualified in electrical engineering to provide effective and efficient planned, preventative and breakdown maintenance to the mill operations to minimise production downtime due to any engineering causes.
* Provides fault diagnosis, solutions and repair in /on areas of machinery and plant such as machinery breakdown; run-ability and safety related to maintenance work.ie provides any engineering resources for the continued operation of the mill.
* Complete work as issued by maintenance planning and prioritises unplanned work.
* Comprehensive recording of all necessary information
* Uses spare machine parts cost-effectively and ensures they are all booked in /out of stores.
* Is a member of the fire and lone worker emergency response teams when on the 5 shift system and carries out the respective team duties.
* Implementing improvements to:
* Safety, housekeeping and workplace organisation
* Accountable for the safe hand-over of any maintenance work carried out.
* Maintenance of Engineering System within a manufacturing environment
* Experience of a multi-skilled engineering environment
* Makes minor and temporary but safe machine parts/system modifications when correct spares are not immediately available to minimise downtime due to engineering causes.
* Carries out technical and details parts planning in conjunction with Engineering Co-ordinators and Maintenance Planning Co-ordinator.
* Is responsible for escalating call-out of specialist contractors e.g. ABB, Measurex and co-ordinating same when on site.
* Improving safety including Risk Assessments and defining Safe Systems of Work
* Improving the housekeeping, workplace organisation and the environmental impact of Papermaking Engineering activity.
* Improving processes including efficiencies and quality
* Must be a time served electrical engineer and posses ONC / OND / HNC / HND Electrical Engineering
* 4 years previous manufacturing experience
Please send your CV to
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'