Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Hours: 42.5 hours a week- 4 on, 4 off- 6am to 6pm and 6pm to 6am
Salary: 14 per hour. Overtime paid at x1.5 at the basic rate and x2 after 12 o'clock on a Saturday and all day Sunday
My client currently has two fantastic opportunities for Electrically biased Maintenance Engineers to join their busy production plant in Lockerbie.
My client is one of the UK's leading manufacturers and providers of wooden garden fencing. They have been established for over half a century.
Joining a team of around 15 engineers, you will be tasked with carrying out maintenance, repairs and installation on the site. Responsibilities will include:
- To carry out testing and inspection and rectifications works
- To assemble, install, test, certify and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures
- To plan and carry out small projects
- To install and maintain three phase and single phase control gear for motors, pumps and fans.
- To connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers or other components
- To inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes
- To carry out Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
- To repair or replace wiring, equipment and fixtures using hand tools and power tools to include minor building work and making good
- To diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- To monitor, adjust and identify faults as required
- To carry out PPM schedules
- To monitor energy usage / Power Factor Correction
- To install and maintain hydraulic, pneumatic systems and PLC controlled machinery
Skills/ Experience Required
- Previous, substantial experience working as an Electrically biased Engineer in a similar production environment
- City and Guilds qualification e.g. 17th edition, 2391 etc.
- Time-served apprenticeship (desirable)
- Excellent communication abilities
This is a great opportunity to join a business with a great reputation in their field. They are growing and adding new product lines, which will bring further opportunities for you to develop your career.
If you feel you meet the essential skills, then please click apply today and send us a copy of your current CV. Nolan Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants via email or phone to inform you on the outcome of your application. Rest assured you will be fully supported throughout the process.
- 17th edition
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer