Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Our client is one of the leading manufacturers and distributors of packaging for industrial companies. They adapt their solutions for every possible segment, from multinationals to SMEs.
Due to organic growth we are looking for an electrical maintenance engineer to join their thriving company.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer - Working as part of a team to provide a comprehensive electrical maintenance service to the day to day plant operations. Ensuring that the pre-planned maintenance of equipment and machinery is carried out so that the production process can proceed smoothly. Also ensuring that any downtime is kept to a minimum so that the production operation is maintained efficiently.
- Undertake planned and scheduled preventative maintenance on all equipment and machinery in operations. Taking corrective measures to eliminate all risks and hazardous situations.
- Respond to faults and breakdowns in a timely manner ensuring minimum disruption to operations.
- To keep costs to a minimum via regular maintenance and sourcing parts at a reasonable price.
- To participate in the installation of new machinery/equipment and removal of old machinery, as and when necessary.
- Ensure all maintenance activity is recorded and logged in the Maintenance System and any documentation is completed and filed correctly.
- To ensure tools, workstations and tool rooms/workshops are maintained and cleaned regularly.
- Continuous monitoring of plant systems including e stop and fire systems
- To Provide 'OnCall’ support as set up by the company.
- To ensure all H&S standards are adhered to by yourself, contractors and visitors. This includes all work carried out by yourself.
- Make sure ongoing inspections of the whole site inside and out are carried out and immediate steps will be taken to correct any unsafe and unsatisfactory conditions of plant and equipment.
- To assist in any projects or any other duties that are within your ability as a support for the team and the site.
Skills / Abilities
- IT skills - Microsoft packages including Word and Excel
- Effective communication skills for dealing with people at all levels - face to face and by telephone
- Numerate and literate in order to produce written reports and approach paperwork in an organise manner
- Ability to work at heights, i.e.; MEWP and ladders. Occasional & Industrial Climber.
- Work on own initiative and prioritise own workload.
- Respond to unpredictable demands and situations in a professional manner
- Electrical/Mechanical Technician working on Electrical/Mechanical maintenance and installations
- Apprenticeship or indentured served.
- City & Guilds HNCGC (Parts 1,2,) in Electrical Installation, or equivalent
- 17th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations
Summary of Desired Skills and Experience such as:
- Electrical installation
- Electrical fault finding
- PLC fault finding (Allen Bradley/Siemens exp. An advantage)
- Electrical TPM skills.
- Planned Maintenance Tasks
- Reactive Breakdown Tasks
- 17th Edition Electrical Qualification
- Mechanical maintenance knowledge an advantage.
- Physically fit
- Good time keeping
- Enthusiastic approach
- The flexibility to work overtime when required.
- £38,000- £40,000 per annum (depending on experience) paid monthly on the 28th of each month.
- Statutory Government Pension.
- Early shift 6am - 3pm !
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Installation
- Plant Operations
- Electrical fault finding
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job