We are recruiting for an Electrically Biased Maintenance Engineer to cover reactive and planned maintenance across a busy production facility based near Salisbury, Wilts.
The main purpose of the role is to: Cover proactive and reactive maintenance tasks on site. Covering electrical and mechanical requirements to ensure continuity of production operations. Carrying out planned maintenance schedules on plant and equipment. Maintenance of electrics, pneumatics, hydraulics, PLC’s. Maintain safe systems of work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Carrying out electrical and mechanical planned maintenance tasks in line with current schedules
- Plan and organise follow up work derived from planned maintenance checks
- Carry out planned calibration checks and portable appliance testing
- Attend to electrical and mechanical and plant breakdowns
- Co-ordinate any follow on activities between shifts leaving clear instructions
- Identifying spare part requirements
- Carry out minor project work e.g. building rewiring, new equipment installations, process and asset movements, machine upgrades, CCTV installations, energy management etc
- Recommend and implement improvements to assets, plant and buildings in order to achieve gains in safety, quality, productivity and reductions in cost
- To ensure their own health, safety and welfare and the safety of all other persons who may be affected by their activities
- To comply with all health and safety procedures and regulations laid down by the company and to demonstrate a commitment to health and safety
- Be aware of the company requirements for the protection of the environment
Key skills and experiences required
All candidates to be considered will need to have some experience of Electrical and Mechanical maintenance and have worked in an automated processed environment. We also require all candidates to hold their current City & Guilds 17th Edition Wiring Regulations certificate.
There are currently two positions available, one working a rotation of days and nights and the other working nights.
- Mechanical Electrical
- Mechanical Engineering