Food, FMCG, Bottling, Packaging,
Are you an Electrically biased Maintenance Engineer? Are you looking for an opportunity with a market leading FMCG manufacturer? Are you looking for strong earning potential?
Maintenance Engineer Job Description:
We are currently recruiting for Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineers for our SW London based client. The role will provide an engineering reactive resource to the process; attend to breakdowns and stoppages to help keep process efficiencies as high as possible. The Maintenance Engineer will be flexible to support shift patterns and have a proactive approach in order to achieve the site PPM.
The successful Maintenance Engineer will also have the ability to motivate other engineers, technicians, support staff and production operators/controllers. Our ideal candidates will be 70:30 electrically biased and must have attained a HND, HNC in Electrical Engineering.
The role offers a highly competitive salary and earning potential as well as progression opportunities.
Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities:
* Providing an engineering reactive resource to the process, attend to breakdowns and stoppages to help keep process efficiencies as high as possible.
* Being proactive to achieve the site PPM.
* Demonstrate ability to motivate other engineers, technicians, support staff and
production operators/controllers and lead by good example during daily tasks.
* Display an in depth knowledge of the plant.
* Organise and prioritise workloads where required and ensure Production awareness of time scales and plant outages.
* Strive to seek areas of plant/product improvements.
* Continue training to achieve highest level of site and plant skills, progress core skills as required.
* Take on a higher level of plant "ownership" within the process.
* Assist in the development of other engineers, apprentices and production staff by
training, creating a positive team environment.
* Ensure health and safety remains a number one priority in all actions.
* Insure day-to-day production plans are met.
* Assist maintenance engineers with maintenance work.
* To be involved with appropriate training to improve skills and help to ensure all plant needs are met.
* Look for and implement cost effective solutions to running plant using all relevant processes.
* Have flexible approach to shift cover and be prepared to be called out where necessary.
* Ensure Health and Safety remains key at all times.
* To respond reactively to any site issues (internal and external) such as to preserve Health & Safety, Environment, Quality, Cost, and Quantity.
* To deliver proactive work in such forms of PM's, PPM's, fault log work, site action log work, and standing orders (not exhaustive) to deliver the same as above.
Maintenance Engineer Key skills & experience:
- The candidate will be computer literate, be able to operate relevant services equipment.
- All candidates must hold engineering qualifications such as HNC or ONC in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience will need to have come from a Factory environment,
- Be able to demonstrate practical engineering skills and enjoy a hands on approach.
- Have an understanding of current relevant legislation.
- Work proactively and willing to take the initiative.
- Have the ability to work under pressure, multi task and self-accountable.
- Have broad understanding of site plant and processes.