Are you an Electrical Maintenance Engineer? Looking for your next career move? Randstad is currently recruiting for a Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join a global facilities Management Company working on lucrative contract based on a static site in Southampton.
In the role you will provide the electrical function to facilitate both Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and Reactive maintenance on site ensuring business continuity is maintained at all times. Participate in electrical installation and project works.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform a range of planned and reactive maintenance activities on all non-production electrical equipment, both indoors, outside and in plant areas assigned through the (PPM) system.
- Ensure all assigned tasks are completed and signed off within the specified timeframe.
- Manage the daily function of the Building Management System (BMS)
- Diagnose machine breakdowns, recommend replacements for old or faulty electrical components/fittings and assist the Maintenance Supervisor in forecasting requirements.
- Perform electrical installation Additional Work Request (AWR's) as and when required.
- Provide information and support on Electrical projects as and when required.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring of all the WEEE waste generated, ensure that the items are well beyond use and inform the Maintenance Supervisor when collection of the waste is required.
- Assist in managing electrical equipment and supplies, in collaboration with the Maintenance Supervisor
- Assist in performing energy audits and recommend alternative sources of energy to reduce energy costs.
- Ensure that all electrical gadgets and instruments are switched off after close of work daily.
- To assist with general facilities support tasks at all levels of the operation as specified by the Maintenance Manager.
- Contribute to managing the cleanliness around the site ensuring that no rubbish, redundant equipment, stock or pallets are left on roads and footpaths.
- Provide safe working environment for members of staff and colleagues. Using the Near Hit process to ensure electricity induced accidents are prevented.
- Participate in the emergency on call rota.
Experience & Qualifications
- Good organisation and able to use own initiative and make decisions.
- Use of Computerized and Business systems is needed to maintain records for the Facilities department.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility, a Team Player, able to work alone or within a team, with good inter-personal skills.
- Confident communicator - able to relate to people on all levels. Provide effective communication, convey and receive instructions, able to keep situations calm and provide assistance to staff with queries.
- Basic understanding of the equipment relevant to the Facilities within a manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety requirements.
- The role is part of a support function requiring a high level of collaborative dialogue with Functional Management.
- Liaising with Supervision and Managers to ensure that all equipment is in good working order.
- The job functions in the manufacturing sites at the Genesis office complex and is split between office and manufacturing with PC work.
- Tasks will involve working in and around the manufacturing laboratories and require PPE to be worn as appropriate.
- There is a requirement for forklift truck driving.
- There is a requirement for mobile elevated platform driving.
- Dealing with different personalities with the needs to interact with the customers employees.
- Ability to learn procedures and processes quickly, able to listen to others and understand their requirements.
- Providing exceptional practical support to maintain an efficient running factory.
- Good Team Worker - adaptable to situations and people. Able to utilise other people's skills and talents.
- Problem Solving.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Skills regarding workload, prioritisation and quality.
- Maths / English Educated to GCSE and A Level standard desirable.
- Time served electrical apprenticeship in electrical maintenance or appropriate City and Guilds qualifications in electrical maintenance.
- 17th Edition IEE Electrical Regulations qualification.
- Good working knowledge of Building Management Systems.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.