Role: Electrical Maintenance Engineer - opportunity to advance and receive PLC training (programming & fault find)
Salary: £34,000 - £36,000 per annum, plus benefits and overtime (£5k - £8k overtime potential)
Hours: 4 on 4 off, 12 hours Night Shift with it likely to change to a rotation
Location: Commutable from Horsham, Worthing, Crawley, Chichester, Midhurst and surrounding areas
We are currently recruiting for a Electrical Maintenance Engineer (electrically bias) to work within a leading manufacturing company on their automated site. You will benefit from a friendly and loyal team of Engineers working in this fast faced environment. The machines include a mix of driers/ovens, conveyors, robots, crushing, mixing, cutting, stacking and packaging machinery.
The role would suit an Engineer looking to develop and learn how to do more PLC work, including programming. You will benefit from Siemens PLC training courses. Of course those who already have some PLC experience would be most preferable.
- Maintenance of all plant and machinery through fault finding, planned maintenance and project work.
- Working alone and as part of a team, on electrical and mechanical problems.
- To work safely at all times and follow safe systems of work.
- Identification of solutions that improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- To test and run equipment after repair to check its function and adjust if necessary to produce best quality product at all times.
- To be actively involved in the TPM improvement process.
- To work tidily and make a positive contribution to the 5S system.
- PLC work, including fault finding, modifications and programming
- To provide good communication to colleagues and production and keep the required logs of work and hours.
- To develop an understanding of machinery operation so that faults can be diagnosed and rectified efficiently.
- Portable testing.
- Completed a recognised electrical engineering apprenticeship or hold an engineering Electrical qualification - Electrically bias
- PLC experience would be an advantage but training and development will be offered
- Experience maintaining production/manufacturing machinery (PLC Operated)
- Experience of working to planned preventative maintenance schedules and attending to breakdowns
- Proactive work attitude and keen to get stuck in
- Some mechanical experience is highly desirable
- Friendly and adaptable working attitude, with the hunger to learn and grow
If this role sounds of interest, please apply now and send your most up to date CV to Wesley at TechNichols Resourcing to be considered. Or call TechNichols Resourcing and speak with Wesley for further information.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard back within 5 working days unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.