The company is one of Europe’s leading suppliers to the construction industry; with over 200 sites in the UK they are an Employer of Choice. They have been established for over 30 years and are a leading name in their industry, committed to creating a better built environment, and currently they are looking for electrically biased maintenance engineers to work at their fully automated site in Ashbourne.
Location: Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Shifts: Double Days - Monday to Friday
Salary: £34,000 + Overtime (Progressing to £37,000 after training)
Skills: Electrical, PLC’s, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Robotics, 17th Edition
You will form part of the engineering team covering the entire site. Your day to day responsibilities will include the planned and reactive maintenance of fully automated site and machinery such as hydraulics, pneumatics, motors, and robotics. The role will also involve root-cause PLC fault finding and repair.
- Undertake maintenance work in accordance with UK legislation and industries standards using the safe working procedures set out in company’s policies, procedures and instructions.
- Fault finding
- Process improvements
- Maintain all diagrams, circuit schedules and other information
- Maintain all PLC controlled equipment including program modifications to suit production needs
- Safety related control systems for machinery
- Ensure all PPM schedules are carried out in a timely manner
- Mentoring of apprentices
Experience and Personal attributes/ including Education:
- Time served electrical or mechanical engineering apprenticeship
- Ideally 17th Edition wiring Regulations City and Guilds 2382 qualified if electrically biased.
- Functional safety/Safety related control systems for machinery
- Ability to work well on own or part of a team
- Motor control/VFD/DC Drives
- PLC experience, Fault finding and programming (Rockwell/Omron/Mitsubishi)
- Robot experience Fault finding and programming (Fanuc/Kuka/ABB)
- Weighing equipment (load cells etc)
- Flexible approach to working hours
As a member of the Institute of Recruiters (IOR), the Cordius team offers unrivalled expertise; a flexible and personal approach of successful recruitment within Engineering, Supply Chain and Technical disciplines - our highly experienced team of specialist consultants offer professional and transparent services to match the individual needs of both clients and candidates.
- Electrical Engineering
- Fault Finding