Role & Responsibilities:
* Carry out reactive & planned maintenance in a food manufacturing / packaging environment
* Machine & control system upgrade and continuous improvement projects
* Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
* Working on PLC systems, Mixers, Palletisers, X-ray, Bagging machines, Conveyors, Check weighers, Labellers, Graders, Washers, etc.
* Electrical & Mechanical fault finding, installation and maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Must be an Electrically Maintenance Engineer
* Previous experience of working in high-speed manufacturing - beneficial food/FMCG
* Controls fault finding experience to include - PLC's and hard wired control panels
* ideally have a time-served apprenticeship & 17th Edition Electrical Regs.
* Ideally able to read and go through electrical control drawings
* Bonus to have worked in a team carrying out continuous improvement work
* Strong team ethic, willing to help in all areas, with a passion to progress and learn
Electrical Engineer, Electrically Biased Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Controls Engineer, Control Systems Engineer, Automation Engineer, Controls Engineer, Electrical Installation Engineer, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Electrical Technician, Contract, Temp.
Shifts & Benefits Package:
* Shift:- Monday - Friday (days only) or 4on, 4off days only (12 hour shifts)
* Salary:- £14 to £16 per hour - depending on experience
* Contract is likely to be for 2 months, so looking for immediate starters!!
Job Reference No: SE1600 / 534
Suitable candidates should apply immediately by calling our Managing Consultant for this vacancy -
Ashley Reynolds on or by sending your CV directly to him at
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Hunter Selection is an employment consultancy and currently has permanent vacancies for Engineering and Manufacturing professionals throughout the South West & South East of England. If you are looking for work in this area, we may be able to assist you. Contact us directly on and discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants.
- Electrical Engineer
- Multi-Skilled Engineer
- Electrical Installation Engineer
- Electrical Controls Engineer
- Electrically Biased Maintenance Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job