This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to join our passionate and knowledgeable Operations department as the Electrical Maintenance Craftsperson. This exciting role will see you ensure that the highest standards for all maintenance activities are followed leading to exceptional plant reliability.
As Electrical Maintenance Craftsperson you will deliver professional maintenance in order to maximise plant safety and efficiency by actively utilising improvement tools and techniques. You will primarily be required to provide planned & preventative electrical maintenance services as part of a large engineering team.
What will you be doing in the role?
In the role as Electrical Maintenance Craftsperson you will;
- Have an absolute commitment to your own safety and that of others, ensuring full compliance with standards and procedures.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Saint-Gobain behaviours and values.
- Work to standard maintenance procedures and adhere to PM, CMMS schedules.
- Improve equipment efficiency through a good understanding of machines and equipment.
- Actively investigate faults ensuring root cause is determined and follow up actions to sustain improvements.
- Commit to learn and develop yourself.
Am I what you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Electrical Maintenance Craftsperson specifically it is important that you have:
- A positive attitude and experience to work safely in this environment.
- A BTEC National/NVQ level 3 or equivalent in engineering, apprentice trained.
- The ability to maintain high standards of work while following identified standards and procedures.
- The ability to be planned, organised and positively focussed in your day to day activities.
It'd be great if you have:
- Experience of safely maintaining medium to heavy process in a continuous manufacturing environment.
- Experience of AC drives, invertors, PLC experience, IEE 17th Edition (Electrical).
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools, such as RCA and Quick Kaizan.
What about the business you’ll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for British Gypsum – part of the Saint-Gobain group and the UK's leading manufacturer of plasterboard and plaster-based drylining systems and products.
In Saint-Gobain, each woman and man is able to build a career without boundaries in a genuine and ambitious group. At British Gypsum we’re proud to support this promise and offer our people a world of opportunity, all the challenge they’ll ever need and colleagues with great pride in what they’re a part of.
Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What will you get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, British Gypsum is able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package.
In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within British Gypsum or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate.
The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do you need to do now?
We would love to hear from you. In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site.
We recognise the value of diversity and the talents that those from diverse backgrounds can contribute to our success. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and in particular we would like to welcome and attract more women into our business.
No Agency CV’s please.
Applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK (sponsorship is not available for this position).