We are currently looking for an experienced Electrical Craftsperson to be based at our Didcot B site.
Reporting to the Maintenance Charge Hand, you will join a multi-disciplinary day team working on a rolling stagger pattern supporting the 1400MW CCGT Didcot B Power Station. Your remit will extend across all aspects of electrical maintenance helping the station to achieve challenging commercial objectives.
You will act with other members of the multi-disciplinary team and at times on your own to carry out breakdown/planned maintenance including service, fault diagnosis, project work and upgrades.
Working in accordance with company safety rules and procedures, and in an efficient and proactive manner, you will require minimal supervision.
The role will at times require working inside, outside, in confined conditions, at heights and in all weathers and may also require availability/flexibility for working outside core hours.
Skills and experience
- First line fault diagnosis on a wide range of equipment and plant using electrical drawings.
- All repair and maintenance on the full range of Power Plant and Equipment, including motors, actuators, switchgear, lighting, power systems, cabling and all auxiliary plant
- Any repair or maintenance on non-plant items as may be directed by maintenance charge hand
- Identify the correct consumable materials required to complete jobs as required
- Keep work areas clean and tidy at all times
- Seek work out when job is complete or on stop
- Carry out pump or gearbox to motor alignments and record results as directed
- A minimum of NVQ level 3 in electrical engineering
- Time served Apprentice
- ATEX accreditation would also be advantageous
- Have competence in the use of basic IT systems
- Be able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Have a proactive approach to Safety, Quality of Work and Company Goals
- Be a positive and valuable Team Member
Why work for us
As well as a competitive salary and impressive benefits package you’ll also get the opportunity to really shape the future of our business. Along the way we’ll give you all the support you need to develop your skill set and achieve your long term ambitions.
Please apply online by selecting the 'Apply' button and uploading your CV directly. Applications will only be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
RWE stands for security of energy supply and provides flexible capacity, making it a key partner to enable the UK to transition to a zero carbon electricity future. RWE is the UK’s second largest generator, supplying around 15% of the UK’s electricity with over 8.5GW of installed capacity. RWE owns and operates the UK’s largest fleet of gas-powered stations, along with a small amount of coal and biomass. The gas fleet includes two of the most modern and highly efficient plant, that are capable of providing 4GW of clean baseload power (enough to power 6m homes) and vital flexibility services to the grid. This capacity and flexibility is key to having secure electricity supply in the UK. RWE’s sites are located across England, Wales and Scotland and the business provides over 1,500 highly skilled jobs in the UK.
Agencies: We operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review sess
ion please submit a brief overview of your capability to .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job