Electrical Installations Trainer
MKC Training delivers training to the prestigious Royal School of Military Engineering, based in Chatham Kent.
They have an opportunity for an Electrical Installations Trainer / Instructor with knowledge of Low Voltage and High Voltage (11kV) cable jointing, to teach in a professional and disciplined environment where you will find young military students eager to learn and develop their careers.
12 month fixed term contract.
This is a great opportunity to join a department of Trade Instructors, passing on electrical skills to others.
- Level 3 or above in Electrical Engineering with knowledge of LV / HV cable jointing
- Level 4 or above Teaching Qualification
- Capable of teaching electrical theory, practical maths and science to levels 3
- Previous teaching experience, or having trained others within the work place
An understanding of:
Domestic and commercial electrical installations; single and 3 phase.
1st fix, conduit, tray work, single core, multi core inspection, testing and commissioning.
Power production and distribution including siting, earthing, running and maintaining.
C&G 236 Pt 1&2 / 2330 / 2365 or 2357 / 2391 or equivalent qualifications including the DAO QN: 603/2673/6 and 603/2690/6.
V1 Quality Assurance.
Key Duties and Tasks:
- Instructing and demonstrating to trainees by verbal, visual and/or other means electrical engineering and allied subjects.
- Preparing lectures and lessons, demonstrations, classwork, homework, theoretical and practical examination tests to National recognised levels such as City & Guilds, Defence Awarding Organisation, National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ) and Army Department standards, to enable students to achieve approved training objectives.
- Preparing devices, diagrams and models etc for use in instruction and demonstration.
- Controlling and supervising trainees under your charge, including responsibility for their safety, discipline and quality and quantity of output.
- Maintaining the agreed records required for trainees’ assessment and any other management purposes (course reports, NVQs, trade boards etc).
- Supervising and ensuring cleanliness of classrooms, workshops and other instructional areas.
- Maintaining suitable and current knowledge of electrical engineering.
- Participating in the classroom observation and appraisal scheme as required.
Essential Training that will be provided:
Complete the “Defence Instructor Techniques” course and a 10-day residential Staff Leadership School course in Surrey.
MKCTS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. They are an equal opportunities employer. They value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, disabilities, sexual orientation or ethnic origin. All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training Services Ltd follows the DBS Code of Practice.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'