Electrical Installation Technician
Full Time - 37 hours per week
Temp, possibly Temp to Perm for the right person
£8.00 - £8.50 per hour when temp. £19000 - £21000 when Perm
Hunters’ client is a leading educational establishment looking to appoint an Electrical Installation Technician to support teaching and learning and the smooth, safe, day to day running of the specialist work area/s that you are responsible for, ensuring that regulations relating to Health and Safety (H &S) policies and procedures are observed by staff and students using the facilities, and ensuring that outstanding customer service and professional conduct is demonstrated always.
You will be liaising closely with Curriculum Managers, lecturing staff, and other technicians to ensure that the technical support and supervision of electrical work areas meets all the timetabled and open access needs of the curriculum area and to ensure that that all staff and students using the electrical studies work areas, machinery and equipment have received appropriate operation and safety inductions.
The successful applicant will require English and Maths at level 2 or above, specialist qualifications to level 2 in Electrical Installation and good IT skills. You will also require proven experience of working in the relevant subject sector industry environment. Previous experience supervising staff and managing budgets and procurement processes are also essential.
The successful applicant will require English and Maths at level 2 or above, specialist qualifications to level 2 in a construction subject and good IT skills. You will also require proven experience of working in the electrical industry. Previous experience supervising staff and managing budgets and procurement processes are desirable.
Skills and abilities
- Able to undertake manual handling, heavy lifting and carrying
- Ability to lead, manage, co-ordinate and supervise teams effectively
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Excellent initiative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to carry out minor electrical work
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with both staff and students
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and high level of professionalism
- Demonstrable knowledge of stock control and cost-effective procurement
- Ability to manage budgets effectively and fulfil required financial regulations
- Ability to troubleshoot and carry out routine maintenance of specialist machinery/ equipment/ tools
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and to support teams effectively during periods of high pressure
- Able to maintain professional standards and boundaries
- Collaborative and team oriented. Positive
- Proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, 'can - do’ attitude
- High level of professionalism and commitment
Student and Customer focused.
- Electrical Work
- Further Education
- Manual Handling
- Stock Control
- Electrical Industry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'