The successful applicant is expected to be time-served in an Electrical/Engineering discipline, and/or qualified to a minimum of an NVQ L3 Diploma in an Electrical/Engineering discipline. However, skilled and competent 3rd and 4th year Apprentices will be considered for this role. This is a permanent, full time (38 hours p/w) with potential for overtime, with 29 days holiday per year, inclusive of 8 statutory holidays.
It is key that applicants have:
- A proven background and range of experience in installation works
- Experience working with a variety of containment structures
- Self-motivation and flexibility
- Must have full driving license and ability to travel to customer sites.
The role involves carrying out: electrical installations, and fault finding/diagnostics, with the ability to read schematics, and complete all Company documentation, such as Engineer's Report Sheets and Daily Time Sheets, to a high standard and on time.
- Organise jobs (and other Engineers/Apprentices) to ensure work is completed on-time, in budget, and to a high standard, while complying with all customer site rules, and attending Site Inductions, when necessary.
- Communicate with customers and suppliers; including providing good levels of customer service and promoting the Company by distributing promotional materials.
- Communicate effectively with employees on a regular basis; providing direction to Apprentices.
- Ensure work and performance is compliant with the ISO Management Systems, contributing to the continual improvement culture throughout the Company.
- Legal Duty of Care and a responsibility for good Health and Safety practice in the workplace, for both personal actions and omissions that may impact upon colleagues, customers, the public, etc.
- Ensure Company vehicles, tools, and equipment under your control are maintained in good condition and that the Company Housekeeping Policy is maintained.
- May be required to work for other Departments within the Company from time-to-time.
- May have additional responsibilities such as: First Aider, Apprentice Mentor, Employee Committee, etc.
- May be required to hold additional Licenses, Training and Qualifications such as: Forklift, Scissor/Boom, etc. ? May be required to undertake reasonable Ad Hoc duties, as required, according to the needs of the Company. This list is not exhaustive and reasonable duties deemed to be beneficial to the individual or the organisation may also form part of these Roles and Responsibilities.