OVERVIEW: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING INSTUCTOR
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineering Instructor to deliver and coordinate the successful completion of NVQ Level 2 & 3 Electrical Engineering qualifications for a well-established training provider based in the South of England. Providing high quality engineering training to young learners, apprentices and corporate clients.
The role will require you to be involved in all aspects of the Electrical Engineering NVQ delivery including teaching, coaching and mentoring young learners undertaking qualifications in the use Electrical Engineering. You will be a time served Engineer with an Electrical/Electronic background and hold a level 3 Engineering Qualification.
Ideally you will have experience delivering training and apprenticeships/NVQ's and will possess either an Assessor's Award or a teaching qualification (PTLLS or above). If you do not hold these qualifications but have a genuine desire to move into a training role, enjoy working in a learning environment and hold supervisory experience in the Engineering sector, my client would like to hear from you. Training will be provided for the right candidate.
THE ROLE OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING INSTRUCTOR:
To deliver and coordinate the successful completion of all aspects of Electrical Engineering qualifications delivered at a high-tech training facility (classroom-based delivery), and also carrying out assessments in the work place. Train learners both in the centre and in the workplace towards agreed qualifications in line with relevant awarding body standards.
Liaise with employers, external verifiers and staff to maximise framework completions. Ensure the highest of standards of learner completions are met and to monitor candidates' progress, including carrying out regular progression reviews and target setting.
Ensure health and safety assessments of employers premises are completed in accordance to framework requirements.
Ensure all appropriate awarding body / funding body documentation is maintained and up to date.
Professionally liaise with employers and external verifiers. Attend regular programme meetings and briefing sessions in line with curriculum policies.
Continuously evaluate and improve the quality of learning and teaching within your work utilising and engaging with development and observation programmes.
We are looking for applicants that are self-motivated, a team player and have a 'hands on approach' to work within this rewarding environment.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING INSTRUCTOR
- Minimum 2 years' relevant occupational experience as a time served engineer
- Time served Engineer with Electrical experience
- Management or supervisory experience
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Experience of working with young people
- Full driving licence and use of own car
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES: ELECTRICAL ENGINERING INSTRUCTOR
- A level 3 (or above) engineering qualification (essential)
- Assessor Qualification- A1, TAQA, CAVA or equivalent (desirable)
- Teaching qualification (desirable)
- V1 / IQA qualification (desirable)
- A Management or Team Leading qualification (desirable)
SALARY/BENEFITS: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING INSTRUCTOR
- £28-29k starting salary
- 45p mileage expenses or public travelling expenses paid
- Flexible working environment
- Laptop, mobile phone and tablet all provide
- Excellent Company Benefits Package and genuine career development opportunities/qualification development opportunities for the right candidate - this includes Life Assurance, Contributory Pension, and excellent holiday entitlement
Please Note: Oakmoor Recruitment receive a high number of applications and are not always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and we will keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies. All applications must be eligible to work in the UK.